Old 02-14-2008, 08:51 AM
"Ronald van Haren"

Default filoktetes

As suggested by Callan, I will first start an open discussion about
this subject.

I tried to contact filoktetes for the last couple of weeks, first on
30th of January, after which I started a ping thread for him about a
week after that, and contacted him by private mail three days ago. As
he did never respond, I think it is time to take action.

So what is the deal...
- he missed the last 4 votes, which is by definition enough to start a
removal discussion
- currently 11 out of his 35 packages our out of date
- he did never say he is inactive (AFAIK), though he seems not to reply

He did update 2 packages on 31th of January, which is 1 day after my
first mail. The last update before that dates from the 8th of
December.

I do not have anything against him personally, but I think this kind
of behavior hurts the [community] repo, and the AUR in general.

Please discuss!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:45 AM
"Husmann, Stefan"

Hello,

I am not a TU, but the discussion is open to normal users, isn't it?

There are at least two threads in the package request forum about
outdated packages.

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=38195,

I do not know if the Users tried to contact filoktetes, though.

Sincerely Stefan