Old 07-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Mark Foxwell

Default VCS Packaging Guidelines

Hi,

What is the _official_ opinion on when to bump pkgver on VCS packages?

I maintain offlineimap-git [1] (and a few other VCS packages) in AUR
and generally bump the pkgver on each commit and may add to the comments
about major changes. Other maintainers seem to take the approach to not
bump the pkgver unless any changes to the build process are needed.

I think that any _official_ view (even if it's 'either way is fine')
should be added to the VCS PKGBUILD Guidelines wiki page [2].

Many Thanks,

Mark

[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_CVS_%26_SVN_PKGBUILD_guidelines

Old 07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Ray Rashif

On 2 July 2011 23:39, Mark Foxwell <fastfret79@archlinux.org.uk> wrote:
> I think that any _official_ view (even if it's 'either way is fine')
> should be added to the VCS PKGBUILD Guidelines wiki page [2].

Done:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=VCS_PKGBUILD_Guidelines&action=his torysubmit&diff=148014&oldid=144799

--
GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10