-   -   Provide update in AUR to extra package as a dependency of my package? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/546185-provide-update-aur-extra-package-dependency-my-package.html)

Leif Warner 06-29-2011 06:03 PM

Provide update in AUR to extra package as a dependency of my package?

Hi, I'm the maintainer of the 4store package:
It's been blocked from being upgraded for a while now by a lack up upgrades
to the rasqal package in extra. Would it be permissible to provided an
updated rasqal version on AUR for people who want to run a recent version of
4store?
Another of its dependencies, raptor, which is maintained in step with
rasqal, was updated from raptor1 to raptor2 a while ago, and both are
installed concurrently, but there's no similar update for rasqal.

-Leif Warner

Andrea Scarpino 06-29-2011 06:18 PM

On Wednesday 29 June 2011 11:03:44 Leif Warner wrote:
> Hi, I'm the maintainer of the 4store package:
> It's been blocked from being upgraded for a while now by a lack up upgrades
> to the rasqal package in extra. Would it be permissible to provided an
> updated rasqal version on AUR for people who want to run a recent version of
> 4store?
Yes, you can upload a rasqal-new package until we don't update rasqal in
[extra] (or better until soprano devs port it to raptor2).

--
Andrea