Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Axilleas P

Default Delete rtorrent-color?

Is there any point in having both rtorrent-extended[1] and rtorrent-color[2]?
rtorrent-extended includes patch for rtorrent-color and besides that
the maintainer just disowned the package. So, I think it's safe to remove [2].

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33756
[2]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31956
--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Stefan Husmann

Is there any point in having both rtorrent-extended[1] and rtorrent-color[2]?
rtorrent-extended includes patch for rtorrent-color and besides that
the maintainer just disowned the package. So, I think it's safe to remove [2].

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33756
[2]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31956

The patches seem to be different, so I am not sure about this deletion.

What do rtorrent users on this list say?

Regards Stefan

Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Evan LeCompte

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Stefan Husmann
<stefan-husmann@t-online.de>wrote:

> Am 27.06.2011 22:40, schrieb Axilleas P:
>
>> Is there any point in having both rtorrent-extended[1] and
>> rtorrent-color[2]?
>> rtorrent-extended includes patch for rtorrent-color and besides that
>> the maintainer just disowned the package. So, I think it's safe to remove
>> [2].
>>
>> [1]https://aur.archlinux.org/**packages.php?ID=33756<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33756>
>> [2]https://aur.archlinux.org/**packages.php?ID=31956<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31956>
>>

> The patches seem to be different, so I am not sure about this deletion.
>
> What do rtorrent users on this list say?
>
> Regards Stefan

Axe it!
If rtorrent-extended includes patch for colors then rtorrent-color is
redundant.
Just my opinion.

-- Evan LeCompte

Old 06-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Stefan Husmann

[...]

As I was trying to say, it does not. Or at least the patch is named differently.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 AM
Martti Kühne

> As I was trying to say, it does not. Or at least the patch is named
> differently.

Well, I can confirm that rtorrent-0.8.6-canvas-fix.patch and
ui_canvas_color.patch are indeed the same patches. They have been made
in different formats though, one diff --git and one diff -crB (which
makes things look really messy) out of whatever reason. However,
looking into these files from top to bottom just convinced me that
they depict the same change.

cheers!
mar77i

Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Axilleas P

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As I was trying to say, it does not. Or at least the patch is named
>> differently.
>>

> Well, I can confirm that rtorrent-0.8.6-canvas-fix.patch and
> ui_canvas_color.patch are indeed the same patches. They have been made
> in different formats though, one diff --git and one diff -crB (which
> makes things look really messy) out of whatever reason. However,
> looking into these files from top to bottom just convinced me that
> they depict the same change.
>
> cheers!
> mar77i

Hello again
Well, I had a little conversation with the maintainer of
rtorrent-extended [1] and he stated that the color patches are
basically the same.
He said that when he gets a working color patch he will also maintain
rtorrent-color [2] which is now orphan.