Old 06-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Uli Armbruster

Default Please delete my package mkvtoolnix-gtk and mkvtoolnix-nogui

Here's the link https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49992
I reuploaded under the name mkvmerge-gui because the name fits better (I also added mmg and mkvtoolnix to the description, so it can be found as good as possible)

And here's the link to mkvtoolnix-nogui https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41546
This isn't needed anymore, because repo's mkvtoolnix removed the mkvmerge-gui mmg. A package called eunektes requires this version, but I informed the maintainer in the comment section to adjust the dependency.

Merci beaucoup

Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:18:04 +0200
schrieb Uli Armbruster <uli.armbruster@googlemail.com>:

> Here's the link https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49992
> I reuploaded under the name mkvmerge-gui because the name fits better
> (I also added mmg and mkvtoolnix to the description, so it can be
> found as good as possible)
>
> And here's the link to mkvtoolnix-nogui
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41546 This isn't needed
> anymore, because repo's mkvtoolnix removed the mkvmerge-gui mmg. A
> package called eunektes requires this version, but I informed the
> maintainer in the comment section to adjust the dependency.
>
> Merci beaucoup

Isn't it better to call the packages mkvmerge-gtk and mkvmerge-cli?
It's the usual naming convention in the repos and in AUR.

Heiko

Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Uli Armbruster

* Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> [22.06.2011 13:22]:
> Am Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:18:04 +0200
> schrieb Uli Armbruster <uli.armbruster@googlemail.com>:
>
> > Here's the link https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49992
> > I reuploaded under the name mkvmerge-gui because the name fits better
> > (I also added mmg and mkvtoolnix to the description, so it can be
> > found as good as possible)
> >
> > And here's the link to mkvtoolnix-nogui
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41546 This isn't needed
> > anymore, because repo's mkvtoolnix removed the mkvmerge-gui mmg. A
> > package called eunektes requires this version, but I informed the
> > maintainer in the comment section to adjust the dependency.
> >
> > Merci beaucoup
>
> Isn't it better to call the packages mkvmerge-gtk and mkvmerge-cli?
> It's the usual naming convention in the repos and in AUR.
>
> Heiko

Well, I could do that too, you're right. In my opinion *-gui is fine, because .. well it IS the gui of mkvmerge And most importantly, I named it that way, because the real name of mmg is "mkvmerge GUI", so I had the choice between "mkvmergegui" or "mkvmerge-gui". I chose the latter, because it looks better

But honestly, I don't care, if it's called *-gui or *-gtk. If it's really convention (I haven't found this anywhere after a quick search like in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards#Package_Naming) or if TUs thing *-gtk is better, I'll be happy to reupload it with that name.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Uli Armbruster

Old 07-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Uli Armbruster

* Uli Armbruster <uli.armbruster@googlemail.com> [22.06.2011 13:33]:
> * Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> [22.06.2011 13:22]:
> > Am Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:18:04 +0200
> > schrieb Uli Armbruster <uli.armbruster@googlemail.com>:
> >
> > > Here's the link https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49992
> > > I reuploaded under the name mkvmerge-gui because the name fits better
> > > (I also added mmg and mkvtoolnix to the description, so it can be
> > > found as good as possible)
> > >
> > > And here's the link to mkvtoolnix-nogui
> > > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41546 This isn't needed
> > > anymore, because repo's mkvtoolnix removed the mkvmerge-gui mmg. A
> > > package called eunektes requires this version, but I informed the
> > > maintainer in the comment section to adjust the dependency.
> > >
> > > Merci beaucoup
> >
> > Isn't it better to call the packages mkvmerge-gtk and mkvmerge-cli?
> > It's the usual naming convention in the repos and in AUR.
> >
> > Heiko
>
> Well, I could do that too, you're right. In my opinion *-gui is fine, because .. well it IS the gui of mkvmerge And most importantly, I named it that way, because the real name of mmg is "mkvmerge GUI", so I had the choice between "mkvmergegui" or "mkvmerge-gui". I chose the latter, because it looks better
>
> But honestly, I don't care, if it's called *-gui or *-gtk. If it's really convention (I haven't found this anywhere after a quick search like in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards#Package_Naming) or if TUs thing *-gtk is better, I'll be happy to reupload it with that name.

Just remembered, this package is still there. Could anyone please delete it? Or make me TU for a day and I'll do it myself (kidding!)

Regards
Army

Old 07-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Uli Armbruster
<uli.armbruster@googlemail.com> wrote:
> * Uli Armbruster <uli.armbruster@googlemail.com> [22.06.2011 13:33]:
>> * Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> [22.06.2011 13:22]:

>> > Isn't it better to call the packages mkvmerge-gtk and mkvmerge-cli?
>> > It's the usual naming convention in the repos and in AUR.
>> >
>> > Heiko
>>
>> Well, I could do that too, you're right. In my opinion *-gui is fine, because .. well it IS the gui of mkvmerge And most importantly, I named it that way, because the real name of mmg is "mkvmerge GUI", so I had the choice between "mkvmergegui" or "mkvmerge-gui". I chose the latter, because it looks better
>>
>> But honestly, I don't care, if it's called *-gui or *-gtk. If it's really convention (I haven't found this anywhere after a quick search like in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards#Package_Naming) or if TUs thing *-gtk is better, I'll be happy to reupload it with that name.
>
> Just remembered, this package is still there. Could anyone please delete it? Or make me TU for a day and I'll do it myself (kidding!)
>
> Regards
> Army

Done. Both pkg deleted.