FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Martti Kühne
 
Default Why deletion reasons go to the mailing list (Was: Deletion request)

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Gary Wright <wriggary@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if you requested deletion of one of my packages (dup, malformed
> pkgbuild, etc) I'd sure like to know why it was deleted. *After the
> deletion, the package's page is deleted from the aur web interface,
> and the ML is the only record of why it was deleted and who did it.
>

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Well, I for one can read the reasons in this mail which he has
> linked to. And the first two packages are already removed.
>
> Heiko

without wanting to be fractious ... is it possible to retreive the
comments of a deleted aur package, maybe through rpc? As it looks, now
that the packages are gone, reasons can't be obtained any more, if
they were stored in comments.
I'd like to improve the paragraph on the wiki, but I'm not clear about
how these corner cases could be covered.

mar77i
 
Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 AM
keenerd
 
Default Why deletion reasons go to the mailing list (Was: Deletion request)

All the comments are

On 6/19/11, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> without wanting to be fractious ... is it possible to retreive the
> comments of a deleted aur package, maybe through rpc? As it looks, now
> that the packages are gone, reasons can't be obtained any more, if
> they were stored in comments.
> I'd like to improve the paragraph on the wiki, but I'm not clear about
> how these corner cases could be covered.
>
> mar77i
>

All the comments are archived on aur3.org. They are parsed into JSON
too. The general form is
http://aur3.org/mirror/$package/comments.gz
And nothing is ever deleted from Aur3. (Yet. This is currently a bug/feature.)

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com
 
Old 06-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Heiko Baums
 
Default Why deletion reasons go to the mailing list (Was: Deletion request)

Am Tue, 21 Jun 2011 01:19:38 -0400
schrieb keenerd <keenerd@gmail.com>:

> All the comments are archived on aur3.org. They are parsed into JSON
> too. The general form is
> http://aur3.org/mirror/$package/comments.gz
> And nothing is ever deleted from Aur3. (Yet. This is currently a
> bug/feature.)

I don't know if this is such a good idea, because there's a delete
button at every comment which was written by the current user. There's
usually a reason why a user deletes his comments (fixing some typos/no
edit function in AUR, comment/bug report is invalid, etc.). And there's
pretty much nonsense in the comments which would better be deleted
anyway ("Version XY is out.", OT, etc.). So such comments shouldn't be
kept, neither in AUR nor in a separate archive.

Heiko
 
Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Martti Kühne
 
Default Why deletion reasons go to the mailing list (Was: Deletion request)

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Well, I for one can read the reasons in this mail which he has
> linked to. And the first two packages are already removed.
>
> Heiko

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> I don't know if this is such a good idea, because there's a delete
> button at every comment which was written by the current user. There's
> usually a reason why a user deletes his comments (fixing some typos/no
> edit function in AUR, comment/bug report is invalid, etc.). And there's
> pretty much nonsense in the comments which would better be deleted
> anyway ("Version XY is out.", OT, etc.). So such comments shouldn't be
> kept, neither in AUR nor in a separate archive.
>
> Heiko

...there's sort of my point in that. That's why the reasons should be
at least summarized on the mailing list.
Let's hope no one will ask what happened to those packages, ever.
Because we can't currently find that out any more. :-)

mar77i
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org