Old 06-26-2011, 04:22 AM
cantabile

Default Naming of aegisub packages

On 06/25/2011 11:31 PM, Hilinus Fenfort wrote:

In data sabato 25 giugno 2011 22:52:23, cantabile ha scritto:

On 06/25/2011 09:15 PM, Stefan Husmann wrote:

Am 25.06.2011 19:48, schrieb cantabile:

On 06/25/2011 03:30 PM, Hilinus Fenfort wrote:

In data domenica 19 giugno 2011 10:14:14, cantabile ha scritto:

Hello,

We have four packages:
aegisub [1] - this pulls from svn, from the 2.1.9 branch (2.1.9
will
be the next stable version)
aegisub-stable [2] - this compiles the stable version from the

In data domenica 19 giugno 2011 10:14:14, cantabile ha scritto:

Renaming is not possible yet. Indeed the only working way is to
create a
new package under another name. I do not like the name
'aegisub-next-

svn'

that much, because IMHO it is not clear enough. I would prefer
'aegisub-stable-svn'.

Do not use 'replaces=()' here. Use provides=('aegisub') and

conflicts=('aegisub').

Keep contributing!

Regards Stefan

I have created another package named "aegisub-stable-svn". Someone
should
delete the old one now. Should i open a deletion request or can i
ask
in this
thread?

Thanks,
Hilinus

It's on topic, so it should be fine here.

Please delete aegisub-stable [1] as well, I will upload a new package
named "aegisub" when they release 2.1.9.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40870 deleted. Before I mix
something up: Which was the other one to delete?

Stefan

Technically, "aegisub-stable" was the only one that needed to be
deleted, but someone already deleted "aegisub".

Should we delete "aegisub-svn" too? In this way, we will have:
aegisub-svn pulls from svn trunk (what may one day become aegisub 3.0)
so nothing wrong with that one.

[1] "aegisub-bin" which refers to the old (precompiled) stable version
[2] "aegisub-stable-svn" which refers to the next stable version

When 2.1.9 comes out, we could just update the "aegisub-bin" package with
prebuilt binaries, if they will be put out by devs. Regarding the "aegisub"
package, how are you going to proceed? It will build 2.1.9 from sources?

It will build 2.1.9 from the source tarball.

--
cantabile

"Jayne is a girl's name." -- River