Old 06-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Martti Kühne

Default removal of pidgin-gtalkinvisible

please delete pidgin-gtalkinvisible [1], I'm the maintainer and
announced deprecation in favor of pidgin-gtalk-shared-status [2] a
month ago.

cheers! mar77i

Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Oon-Ee Ng

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> please delete pidgin-gtalkinvisible [1], I'm the maintainer and
> announced deprecation in favor of pidgin-gtalk-shared-status [2] a
> month ago.
>
> cheers! mar77i

I'm surprised to see package [2] above, did you not realize that
pidgin-gtalksharedstatus was already on the AUR[3] (uploaded by
myself)?

[3] - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38551

Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On 17 June 2011 03:45, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> please delete pidgin-gtalkinvisible [1], I'm the maintainer and
> announced deprecation in favor of pidgin-gtalk-shared-status [2] a
> month ago.

Done, thanks!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:

> please delete pidgin-gtalkinvisible [1], I'm the maintainer and
> announced deprecation in favor of pidgin-gtalk-shared-status [2] a
> month ago.
>
> cheers! mar77i

terminated

Old 06-17-2011, 06:17 AM
Ray Rashif

On 17 June 2011 10:34, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> please delete pidgin-gtalkinvisible [1], I'm the maintainer and
>> announced deprecation in favor of pidgin-gtalk-shared-status [2] a
>> month ago.
>>
>> cheers! mar77i
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30136
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48997
>>

> terminated

Hey Martti and everyone

We see that Ng had uploaded the same thing before:
And this is Martti's new upload: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48997

1. pidgin-gtalksharedstatus
2. pidgin-gtalk-shared-status

Usually the new one would not be honoured, but Ng, do you think you
would want to rename your package? I think a better name is following
the $client-$protocol-$addon format which neither does, i.e
'pidgin-gtalk-sharedstatus'.

Otherwise, if the name is not important, we'll have to remove Martti's
version of the package.

--
GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10

Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Oon-Ee Ng

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 17 June 2011 10:34, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> please delete pidgin-gtalkinvisible [1], I'm the maintainer and
>>> announced deprecation in favor of pidgin-gtalk-shared-status [2] a
>>> month ago.
>>>
>>> cheers! mar77i
>>>
>>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30136
>>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48997
>>>

>> terminated
>
> Hey Martti and everyone
>
> We see that Ng had uploaded the same thing before:
> And this is Martti's new upload: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48997
>
> 1. pidgin-gtalksharedstatus
> 2. pidgin-gtalk-shared-status
>
> Usually the new one would not be honoured, but Ng, do you think you
> would want to rename your package? I think a better name is following
> the $client-$protocol-$addon format which neither does, i.e
> 'pidgin-gtalk-sharedstatus'.
>
> Otherwise, if the name is not important, we'll have to remove Martti's
> version of the package.

Actually, after some consideration his naming is more appropriate,
since that's the name of the source tarball is gtalk-shared-status. I
would like my package renamed to that name, though I would not object
to deleting my package and leaving his one, as long as he can maintain
it.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Martti Kühne

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Actually, after some consideration his naming is more appropriate,
> since that's the name of the source tarball is gtalk-shared-status. I
> would like my package renamed to that name, though I would not object
> to deleting my package and leaving his one, as long as he can maintain
> it.

Ng, I'm not actually using the package. If you are, it's a much better
deal if you maintain it, unless you're too busy with the rest of the
universe.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Ray Rashif

On 17 June 2011 20:56, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> Actually, after some consideration his naming is more appropriate,
>> since that's the name of the source tarball is gtalk-shared-status. I
>> would like my package renamed to that name, though I would not object
>> to deleting my package and leaving his one, as long as he can maintain
>> it.
>>

> Ng, I'm not actually using the package. If you are, it's a much better
> deal if you maintain it, unless you're too busy with the rest of the
> universe.

That's great. You can disown for Ng to pick it up. When that happens,
let us know and we'll remove the other package.

--
GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10

Old 06-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Oon-Ee Ng

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM, Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 17 June 2011 20:56, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Actually, after some consideration his naming is more appropriate,
>>> since that's the name of the source tarball is gtalk-shared-status. I
>>> would like my package renamed to that name, though I would not object
>>> to deleting my package and leaving his one, as long as he can maintain
>>> it.
>>>

>> Ng, I'm not actually using the package. If you are, it's a much better
>> deal if you maintain it, unless you're too busy with the rest of the
>> universe.
>
> That's great. You can disown for Ng to pick it up. When that happens,
> let us know and we'll remove the other package.

Yes I do use it, please disown.