Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Andrea Scarpino

Default Orphan all old packages flagged as out-of-date

Hi TUs,
I'd like to orphan all packages in AUR flagged as out-of-date before February
2011 (for example, I think 3 months are enough).

What do you think about? Maybe Loui/Lukas can provide a list?

Maintainers will not get a notification about that (FS#15412), but I guess they
doesn't care anymore about their packages.

Cheers

--
Andrea

Old 06-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Lukas Fleischer

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 12:14:09PM +0200, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> Hi TUs,
> I'd like to orphan all packages in AUR flagged as out-of-date before February
> 2011 (for example, I think 3 months are enough).
>
> What do you think about? Maybe Loui/Lukas can provide a list?

Yeah, I had the same idea a few days ago. Iirc, there were/are about 1k
packages that currently have a maintainer and have been flagged out of
day since the day we introduced out-of-date timestamps.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Thorsten Töpper

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 05:05:22 +0800
Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 7 June 2011 18:14, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Hi TUs,
> > I'd like to orphan all packages in AUR flagged as out-of-date
> > before February 2011 (for example, I think 3 months are enough).
>
> I find 3 months are not enough (for a busy person). 6 is a nicer
> number, i.e half a year, plenty of time for short bursts of free time
> (for a busy person).

I agree, 3 months is a too short span of time.

--
Jabber: atsutane@freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
GPG-Key: 295AFBF4 FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4

Old 06-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Thorsten Töpper

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:13:00 +1000
Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 08/06/11 14:01, Thorsten Töpper wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 05:05:22 +0800
> > Ray Rashif<schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I find 3 months are not enough (for a busy person). 6 is a nicer
> >> number, i.e half a year, plenty of time for short bursts of free
> >> time (for a busy person).
> >
> > I agree, 3 months is a too short span of time.
> >

> Seriously? If someone can not find the time to update a package in 3
> months, there will be other people who can do a better job. If we
> waited 6 months for updates, we might as well be using Ubunutu.

If it really bothers people they simply request an orphanage and that's
it.

+1 for the notification idea