Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 PM
rafael ff1

Default Solution for lib32-allegro and lib32-allegro5 ?

Hi all!

I currently maintain lib32-allegro [1] in its version 5.0. However, I
wanted to change its version to 4 (anything less than version5) and
add a lib32-allegro5 (anything >=5). The idea is to follow packages
allegro [2] and allegro5 [3].
I found a variable "epoch"[4], which if not set in PKGBUILD is equal
0. I could set "epoch=1" to force downgrade to lib32-allegro during
the system update and upload to AUR lib32-allegro5 for who wants it.

What do you think about this procedure? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-- Rafael

[2] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=allegro&maintainer=&last_update=&flagged= &limit=50
[4] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#epoch