FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Vlatko Kosturjak
 
Default Package Removal Request (openvas-server, openvas-libnasl)

Hello!

Please remove:
openvas-server as it is superseeded by openvas-scanner
openvas-libnasl as it is superseeded by openvas-libraries

Thanks in advance,

Kost
 
Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Thomas Dziedzic
 
Default Package Removal Request (openvas-server, openvas-libnasl)

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak <kost@linux.hr> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Please remove:
> openvas-server as it is superseeded by openvas-scanner
> openvas-libnasl as it is superseeded by openvas-libraries
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kost
>

According to http://www.openvas.org/about-software.html it seems that
openvas-server and -nasl are supported until "Support ends:
2011-Jun-24" does no one use these?
 
Old 05-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Vlatko Kosturjak
 
Default Package Removal Request (openvas-server, openvas-libnasl)

On 05/23/2011 08:07 PM, Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak <kost@linux.hr> wrote:
>> Please remove:
>> openvas-server as it is superseeded by openvas-scanner
>> openvas-libnasl as it is superseeded by openvas-libraries
> According to http://www.openvas.org/about-software.html it seems that
> openvas-server and -nasl are supported until "Support ends:
> 2011-Jun-24" does no one use these?

That means that aur should have openvas-libraries-2.0.4 and
openvas-client-2.0.5 in order to support OpenVAS 2.x fully which is not
the case (OpenVAS 4.x is latest which means libraries-4.0.4).

Kost
 
Old 05-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Vlatko Kosturjak
 
Default Package Removal Request (openvas-server, openvas-libnasl)

On 05/23/2011 07:52 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Please remove:
> openvas-server as it is superseeded by openvas-scanner
> openvas-libnasl as it is superseeded by openvas-libraries

I see somebody deleted openvas-libnasl and openvas-plugins => that's
good. But openvas-server should be deleted as well (as it depends on
openvas-libnasl) and it is superseeded by openvas-scanner. Actually,
openvas-scanner is new name for openvas-server.

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22946

Thanks in advance,

Kost
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský
 
Default Package Removal Request (openvas-server, openvas-libnasl)

>
> I see somebody deleted openvas-libnasl and openvas-plugins => that's
> good. But openvas-server should be deleted as well (as it depends on
> openvas-libnasl) and it is superseeded by openvas-scanner. Actually,
> openvas-scanner is new name for openvas-server.
>
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22946
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kost
>

Done, thank you

Lukas
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org