Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Michal Soltys

Default jailkit orphan request

I use it often on my system(s), so I'll happily take care of it.

The one currently in AUR is quite old and maintainer hasn't replied to my
mail yet.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Timm Preetz

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 16:17 +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
> I use it often on my system(s), so I'll happily take care of it.
>
> The one currently in AUR is quite old and maintainer hasn't replied to my
> mail yet.

You may adopt it now.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
"Aaron Schaefer"

On Feb 6, 2008 10:17 AM, Michal Soltys <soltys@ziu.info> wrote:
> I use it often on my system(s), so I'll happily take care of it.
>
> The one currently in AUR is quite old and maintainer hasn't replied to my
> mail yet.

He was active as recently as three days ago...when did you send him an
email? I'd probably give him a little more time.

Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer

Old 02-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Michal Soltys

Aaron Schaefer wrote:

He was active as recently as three days ago...when did you send him an
email? I'd probably give him a little more time.

Hmm, on 30-01-08

Anyway, package adopted and updated.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Timm Preetz

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 19:18 +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
> Aaron Schaefer wrote:
> >
> > He was active as recently as three days ago...when did you send him an
> > email? I'd probably give him a little more time.
> >

> Hmm, on 30-01-08
>
> Anyway, package adopted and updated.

I think that is fine. If a new version was out for a long time and there
was no update the owner probably doesn't use it anymore (at its latest
version) and so I think this is a good solution.

Maybe mail him again and tell him you got his package.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
"Aaron Schaefer"

On Feb 6, 2008 3:44 PM, Timm Preetz <timm@preetz.us> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 19:18 +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
> > Aaron Schaefer wrote:
> > >
> > > He was active as recently as three days ago...when did you send him an
> > > email? I'd probably give him a little more time.
> > >

> > Hmm, on 30-01-08
> >
> > Anyway, package adopted and updated.
> >

> I think that is fine. If a new version was out for a long time and there
> was no update the owner probably doesn't use it anymore (at its latest
> version) and so I think this is a good solution.
>
> Maybe mail him again and tell him you got his package.

I sent him a mail right after posting a reply to the list, and he
responded in about an hour. He said that he didn't receive an
out-of-date notification, and hadn't noticed it was out of date. I
told him that if he wants it back, just email us and we'll re-orphan
it. I just don't like orphaning packages unless we know that the
maintainer isn't already aware of what's going on or they have
disappeared altogether.

Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer