Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Sebastien Duthil

Default Renaming package

Hi,

I'd like to know how to rename an AUR package. In this case, I must
rename gplanarity to gplanarity-svn.

Is it possible ? Can I do it or does anyone else have to do it ?
Or shoud I create a new package ? In this case, should the old one be
removed ?

I didn't find anything about that case ...

Thank you !

Sebastien Duthil

Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Sebastien Duthil

15/01/2011 02:02, Brad Fanella :

As of now, you cannot rename packages. If you simply upload a new one,
I can delete the old package for you.:-)
I uploaded the new package. If you could remove the "gplanarity"
package, it would be great. Thanks !

By the way, I commented the package to say that it will be removed, is
it necessary or is a deletion notice sent to the notified users ?

Old 01-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Brad Fanella

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Sebastien Duthil <duthils@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know how to rename an AUR package. In this case, I must rename
> gplanarity to gplanarity-svn.
> Is it possible ? Can I do it or does anyone else have to do it ?
> Or shoud I create a new package ? In this case, should the old one be
> removed ?
>
> I didn't find anything about that case ...
>
> Thank you !
>
> Sebastien Duthil

As of now, you cannot rename packages. If you simply upload a new one,
I can delete the old package for you. :-)

Regards,
Brad

Old 01-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Brad Fanella

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Sebastien Duthil <duthils@free.fr> wrote:
> 15/01/2011 02:02, Brad Fanella :
>>
>> As of now, you cannot rename packages. If you simply upload a new one,
>> I can delete the old package for you.:-)
>
> I uploaded the new package. If you could remove the "gplanarity" package, it
> would be great. Thanks !
>
> By the way, I commented the package to say that it will be removed, is it
> necessary or is a deletion notice sent to the notified users ?

I don't believe that deletion notices are sent. I always like to add a
little comment before I delete my packages.

I deleted gplanarity. Thank you for your AUR contributions. :-)

Regards,
Brad