Old 01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Stéphane Gaudreault

Default qt3 backend in python-matplotlib

Dear TUs,

I am preparing an update of python-matplotlib to version 1.0.1. This package
supports multiple backends for rendering graphics and plotting windows. So
far, our PKGBUILD supported QTAgg which requires the old qt3. Considering that
qt3 has no future, I wonder if it is still necessary to provide this backend.
Any objections if I drop it ?

I will also set the default backend to QT4Agg (user will still be able to
change the default in the matplotlibrc file or in their scripts).

Stéphane