Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Sergej Pupykin

Default Community Cleanup 2011.

At Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:35:30 -0600,
Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose moving all of the orphans in [community] to
> the aur by this Friday if no one has adopted them by then.
>
> If one of your packages needs an orphan as a dependency, you must adopt it.
>
> Orphans really deserve a maintainer and I would be more comfortable
> with the package having a maintainer in the aur then being an orphan
> in [community].
>
> Community orphans:
> http://tinyurl.com/29lp5r6
>
> Thanks and let the discussion begin!

There are no out-of-date orphans and there are no unassigned
bugs in community section. Is there any reason of this cleanup?

Old 01-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2011 15:41:23 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>> Can you provide a final list? I did this job some months ago and I don't
>> think that we have more orphans packages which can be moved.
> Here[1] my previous list (you can edit the page and use it)
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Community_Repo_Cleanup

I have edited the link [1] I am proposing this as more of an ultimatum
to have 0 orphans by the end of this week.

@gordonjcp
"python-pyparallel - will adopt, Gordonjcp" still on the list...

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Community_Repo_Cleanup#Packages_to_m ove_to_Unsupported

Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

On 10.01.2011 15:35, Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> I would like to propose moving all of the orphans in [community] to
> the aur by this Friday if no one has adopted them by then.
>
> If one of your packages needs an orphan as a dependency, you must adopt it.
>
> Orphans really deserve a maintainer and I would be more comfortable
> with the package having a maintainer in the aur then being an orphan
> in [community].
>
> Community orphans:
> http://tinyurl.com/29lp5r6
>
> Thanks and let the discussion begin!
I adopted silly for cegui.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Monday 10 January 2011 18:47:04 Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> There are no out-of-date orphans and there are no unassigned
> bugs in community section. Is there any reason of this cleanup?
Anyway this clean up count ~10 packages.

--
Andrea

Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Sergej Pupykin <ml@sergej.pp.ru> wrote:
> At Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:35:30 -0600,
> Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to propose moving all of the orphans in [community] to
>> the aur by this Friday if no one has adopted them by then.
>>
>> If one of your packages needs an orphan as a dependency, you must adopt it.
>>
>> Orphans really deserve a maintainer and I would be more comfortable
>> with the package having a maintainer in the aur then being an orphan
>> in [community].
>>
>> Community orphans:
>> http://tinyurl.com/29lp5r6
>>
>> Thanks and let the discussion begin!
>
> There are no out-of-date orphans and there are no unassigned
> bugs in community section. Is there any reason of this cleanup?

This is more of a assigning responsibility to a package sort of thing,
as I said, I would rather have it be in aur and have a maintainer then
be in community and be an orphan.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Kaiting Chen

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:35:30 -0600, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> This is more of a assigning responsibility to a package sort of thing,
> as I said, I would rather have it be in aur and have a maintainer then
> be in community and be an orphan.

I took python-gnupginterface. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Kaiting Chen

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Laurent Carlier <lordheavym@gmail.com>wrote:

> gdk-pixbuf cannot be moved to aur as it's a dependency of lazarus,
> maintain by
> Sergej.
>
> I guess Sergej should adopt it.

Also let me point out that if you maintain package A and if the only reason
package B is in [community] is because package B depends on package A then
you should really either compile package A without support for package B or
just maintain package B as well. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Gordon JC Pearce

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 09:49 -0600, Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Monday 10 January 2011 15:41:23 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> >> Can you provide a final list? I did this job some months ago and I don't
> >> think that we have more orphans packages which can be moved.
> > Here[1] my previous list (you can edit the page and use it)
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Community_Repo_Cleanup
> >

> I have edited the link [1] I am proposing this as more of an ultimatum
> to have 0 orphans by the end of this week.
>
> @gordonjcp
> "python-pyparallel - will adopt, Gordonjcp" still on the list...
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Community_Repo_Cleanup#Packages_to_m ove_to_Unsupported

What do I need to do, then? I thought the idea was it would drop back
into AUR where I could pick it up?

Gordon MM0YEQ

Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Huub Munstege

Hi Thomas,

don't know what I have started......
I was just trying to report on a few issues I encountered while doing some tests
with Grass (building 6.4 through ABS and Grass-svn through AUR).
Now I am involved in a whole discussion on orphans, deadlines, responsabilities,
assignments etc...

Well just get back on the issue:
* I managed to build grass 6.4.0-6 with your suggestion with devtools and
'extra-x86_64'. It gives me a packeage. Still don't understand why it does not
fonction with the standards ABS-way;
* It's clear why grass-svn in AUR is not working since it is not yet adjusted
to the python 2.x and python 3.1 environment. I tried to adjust the PKGBUILD for
grass-svn with the specific python lines from the PKGBUILD for grass 6.4 that
worked (see above). I have attached this PKGBUILD to this message. Trying this
in the clean chroot environment gives me an error in line 36 (does
not recognize the svn command in the chroot env.)
Well that's it. Wanted to post this info on the grass-svn aur page. But
apperantly I don't have an account to post on aur pages. Sorry if I have started
any annoying business, just wanted to be helpful with my experiences and trying
to get stable GIS application under this wonderful distro

Cheers,

________________________________
Huub Munstege
BPE 2836
Bamako, Rep. du Mali
Tel: +223 20226397
Port: +223 78370695
________________________________

________________________________
>> I would like to propose moving all of the orphans in [community] to
>> the aur by this Friday if no one has adopted them by then.
>>
>> If one of your packages needs an orphan as a dependency, you must adopt it.
>>
>> Orphans really deserve a maintainer and I would be more comfortable
>> with the package having a maintainer in the aur then being an orphan
>> in [community].
>>
>> Community orphans:
>> http://tinyurl.com/29lp5r6
>>
>> Thanks and let the discussion begin!
>
> There are no out-of-date orphans and there are no unassigned
> bugs in community section. Is there any reason of this cleanup?

This is more of a assigning responsibility to a package sort of thing,
as I said, I would rather have it be in aur and have a maintainer then
be in community and be an orphan.

Insert mode

Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Monday 10 January 2011 11:26:00 Huub Munstege wrote:
> This is more of a assigning responsibility to a package sort of thing,
> as I said, I would rather have it be in aur and have a maintainer then
> be in community and be an orphan.
Grass is maintained by Thomas and you already reported your problem on flyspray
(FS#22379). So tell me what's the goal of this off topic.

--
Andrea