Old 01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Thomas Dziedzic

Default Community Cleanup 2011.

I would like to propose moving all of the orphans in [community] to
the aur by this Friday if no one has adopted them by then.

If one of your packages needs an orphan as a dependency, you must adopt it.

Orphans really deserve a maintainer and I would be more comfortable
with the package having a maintainer in the aur then being an orphan
in [community].

Community orphans:
http://tinyurl.com/29lp5r6

Thanks and let the discussion begin!

Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Monday 10 January 2011 08:35:30 Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> I would like to propose moving all of the orphans in [community] to
> the aur by this Friday if no one has adopted them by then.
>
> If one of your packages needs an orphan as a dependency, you must adopt it.
>
> Orphans really deserve a maintainer and I would be more comfortable
> with the package having a maintainer in the aur then being an orphan
> in [community].
>
> Community orphans:
> http://tinyurl.com/29lp5r6
>
> Thanks and let the discussion begin!
Can you provide a final list? I did this job some months ago and I don't think
that we have more orphans packages which can be moved.

--
Andrea

Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Laurent Carlier

Le Monday 10 January 2011 08:35:30, Thomas Dziedzic a écrit :
> I would like to propose moving all of the orphans in [community] to
> the aur by this Friday if no one has adopted them by then.
>
> If one of your packages needs an orphan as a dependency, you must adopt it.
>
> Orphans really deserve a maintainer and I would be more comfortable
> with the package having a maintainer in the aur then being an orphan
> in [community].
>
> Community orphans:
> http://tinyurl.com/29lp5r6
>
> Thanks and let the discussion begin!

gdk-pixbuf cannot be moved to aur as it's a dependency of lazarus, maintain by
Sergej.

I guess Sergej should adopt it.

++

Old 01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Monday 10 January 2011 15:41:23 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> Can you provide a final list? I did this job some months ago and I don't
> think that we have more orphans packages which can be moved.
Here[1] my previous list (you can edit the page and use it)

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Community_Repo_Cleanup
--
Andrea