Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Aaron Bull Schaefer

Default Time to Step Down

Fellow Trusted Users,

After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.

Most of my packages should be pretty straight forward to maintain, but
feel free to poke me if you have any questions on them. I do have two
open bugs (one for woof and one for pv) that I've updated with what
info I know.

Thanks for everything you've taught me over the years...it's been an
honor working with you all to maintain this fantastic distro, and rest
assured that I'll always be involved in the community in one form or
another. Keep up the great work!

--
Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer

Old 01-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Kaiting Chen

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Aaron Bull Schaefer <aaron@elasticdog.com>wrote:

> After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.

Good luck and thanks for your dedication. You'll be missed! If no one
objects I'll take duplicity, rdiff-backup, python-boto, pv, vim-pastie,
vim-rails, vim-supertab, vim-surround, and vim-timestamp.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Aaron Bull Schaefer
<aaron@elasticdog.com> wrote:
> Fellow Trusted Users,
>
> After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.
>
> Most of my packages should be pretty straight forward to maintain, but
> feel free to poke me if you have any questions on them. I do have two
> open bugs (one for woof and one for pv) that I've updated with what
> info I know.
>
> Thanks for everything you've taught me over the years...it's been an
> honor working with you all to maintain this fantastic distro, and rest
> assured that I'll always be involved in the community in one form or
> another. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for all the contributions you made. Hope to see you around sometime!

"We only part to meet again." John Gay

Old 01-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Brad Fanella

<aaron@elasticdog.com> wrote:
> Fellow Trusted Users,
>
> After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.
>
> Most of my packages should be pretty straight forward to maintain, but
> feel free to poke me if you have any questions on them. I do have two
> open bugs (one for woof and one for pv) that I've updated with what
> info I know.
>
> Thanks for everything you've taught me over the years...it's been an
> honor working with you all to maintain this fantastic distro, and rest
> assured that I'll always be involved in the community in one form or
> another. Keep up the great work!
>
> --
> Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer

I have to admit, when I first saw who this was from in my inbox, I was
under the assumption that Aaron Griffin was resigning. :-P

Anyhow, your contributions have been greatly appreciated, and I wish
you the best of luck with whatever life brings you. :-D

Regards,
Brad

Old 01-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Ray Rashif

On 8 January 2011 08:28, Aaron Bull Schaefer <aaron@elasticdog.com> wrote:
> Fellow Trusted Users,
>
> After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.

It happens - you're not alone Anyway, best of luck to you in whatever you do!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Mateusz Herych

2011/1/8 Aaron Bull Schaefer <aaron@elasticdog.com>:
> Fellow Trusted Users,
>
> After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.
>
> Most of my packages should be pretty straight forward to maintain, but
> feel free to poke me if you have any questions on them. I do have two
> open bugs (one for woof and one for pv) that I've updated with what
> info I know.
>
> Thanks for everything you've taught me over the years...it's been an
> honor working with you all to maintain this fantastic distro, and rest
> assured that I'll always be involved in the community in one form or
> another. Keep up the great work!
>
> --
> Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer

Good luck, and thank you for all of you work!

Old 01-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Laurent Carlier

Le vendredi 7 janvier 2011 16:28:43, Aaron Bull Schaefer a écrit :
> Fellow Trusted Users,
>
> After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.
>
> Most of my packages should be pretty straight forward to maintain, but
> feel free to poke me if you have any questions on them. I do have two
> open bugs (one for woof and one for pv) that I've updated with what
> info I know.
>
> Thanks for everything you've taught me over the years...it's been an
> honor working with you all to maintain this fantastic distro, and rest
> assured that I'll always be involved in the community in one form or
> another. Keep up the great work!
>
> --
> Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer

Thanks for your contribution, and good luck!

++

Old 01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Jelle van der Waa

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 19:47 -0500, Kaiting Chen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Aaron Bull Schaefer <aaron@elasticdog.com>wrote:
>
> > After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> > dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> > time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> > response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> > unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.
> >

> Good luck and thanks for your dedication. You'll be missed! If no one
> objects I'll take duplicity, rdiff-backup, python-boto, pv, vim-pastie,
> vim-rails, vim-supertab, vim-surround, and vim-timestamp.

Also thanks for all the contributions you made!

( Damn Kaiting you steal all his cool vim- packages )

I will look into adopting one of your packages

--
Jelle van der Waa

Old 01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Kaiting Chen

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Jelle van der Waa <jelle@vdwaa.nl> wrote:

> ( Damn Kaiting you steal all his cool vim- packages )

In the great spirit of fraternity go ahead and take them. Ask, and ye shall
receive. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Stefan Husmann

Am 08.01.2011 01:28, schrieb Aaron Bull Schaefer:
> Fellow Trusted Users,
>
> After almost 4 years of being a TU, I've had less and less time to
> dedicate toward maintaining my packages, and so I think it's finally
> time for me to step down. Arch users definitely deserve a better
> response time than what I've been able to provide lately, and
> unfortunately, my priorities have shifted elsewhere.
>
> Most of my packages should be pretty straight forward to maintain, but
> feel free to poke me if you have any questions on them. I do have two
> open bugs (one for woof and one for pv) that I've updated with what
> info I know.
>
> Thanks for everything you've taught me over the years...it's been an
> honor working with you all to maintain this fantastic distro, and rest
> assured that I'll always be involved in the community in one form or
> another. Keep up the great work!
>
> --
> Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer

Sad to see you go. Good luck for everything you are planning.

BTW. i adopted dar and optipng.

Regards Stefan