Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Thomas S Hatch

Default Seeking the TU wisdom

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Brad Fanella <bradfanella@archlinux.us>wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2011, at 6:09 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Brad Fanella <bradfanella@archlinux.us
>> >wrote:

>>> related

>>> Did this communication take place a good time ago, or more recently?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Brad
>>>

>> The first communication occurred over 2 months ago, the more recent
>> communications about pulling in changes to fix the packages occurred about
>> 2
>> weeks ago.
>>
>> Fixes were communicated over a month ago.
>>
>> -Tom
>>

> In that case, I have orphaned the facter package as well.
>
> Take care,
> Brad

Thanks Brad, I will have these working in no time.

-Tom

Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Xyne

Brad Fanella wrote:

> In that case, I have orphaned the facter package as well.

Nice teamwork... we just orphaned the **** out of those packages.
*chest bump*

(I don't know why, but that was my first reaction to reading your post. I tried
to find an image or video to show what I had in mind but failed. The closest
thing I could find was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNveTeErWe8 but that
doesn't really convey it.

I must be tired.)

Thomas S Hatch wrote:

> Thanks Brad, I will have these working in no time.

Should the *-ruby1.8 variants be removed?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Thomas S Hatch

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Xyne <xyne@archlinux.ca> wrote:

> Brad Fanella wrote:
>
> > In that case, I have orphaned the facter package as well.
>
> Nice teamwork... we just orphaned the **** out of those packages.
> *chest bump*
>
> (I don't know why, but that was my first reaction to reading your post. I
> tried
> to find an image or video to show what I had in mind but failed. The
> closest
> thing I could find was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNveTeErWe8 but that
> doesn't really convey it.
>
> I must be tired.)
>

> Thomas S Hatch wrote:
>
> > Thanks Brad, I will have these working in no time.
>
> Should the *-ruby1.8 variants be removed?

Nice, I agree!

Yes they should, give me a minute to updated the ones that just got orphaned

-Tom

Old 01-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Thomas S Hatch

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Xyne <xyne@archlinux.ca> wrote:
>
>> Brad Fanella wrote:
>>
>> > In that case, I have orphaned the facter package as well.
>>
>> Nice teamwork... we just orphaned the **** out of those packages.
>> *chest bump*
>>
>> (I don't know why, but that was my first reaction to reading your post. I
>> tried
>> to find an image or video to show what I had in mind but failed. The
>> closest
>> thing I could find was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNveTeErWe8 but
>> that
>> doesn't really convey it.
>>
>> I must be tired.)
>>

>> Thomas S Hatch wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks Brad, I will have these working in no time.
>>
>> Should the *-ruby1.8 variants be removed?
>>

> Nice, I agree!
>
> Yes they should, give me a minute to updated the ones that just got
> orphaned
>
> -Tom

Yes, can you purge the AUR of three packages:

no longer needed by pupped, replaced by ruby-shadow (it didn't build anyway)

puppet-ruby1.8

and facter-ruby1.8

Thanks guys *chest bump*

-Tom

Old 01-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Xyne

Thomas S Hatch wrote:

> Yes, can you purge the AUR of three packages:

> no longer needed by pupped, replaced by ruby-shadow (it didn't build anyway)
>
> puppet-ruby1.8
>
> and facter-ruby1.8
>
> Thanks guys *chest bump*
>
> -Tom