Old 01-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Netanel Shine

Default cisco-vpnclient - random computer hang

it seems like the computer just freeze (hang) on random time when using the
vpnclient on newer kernel version (2.6.36) - on the older versions it was
fine.

more information here -
http://ilapstech.blogspot.com/2009/09/cisco-vpn-client-on-karmic-koala.html?showComment=1257451714781#c747363570559 7938301

Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Brad Fanella

On Jan 4, 2011, at 1:07 PM, Netanel Shine <netanel@archlinux.org.il>
it seems like the computer just freeze (hang) on random time when
using the
vpnclient on newer kernel version (2.6.36) - on the older versions
it was

fine.

more information here -
http://ilapstech.blogspot.com/2009/09/cisco-vpn-client-on-karmic-koala.html?showComment=1257451714781#c747363570559 7938301

This is probably better left as a comment on the package's AUR page,
so the maintainer will be directly notified of this issue. ;-)

Regards,
Brad

Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Cédric Girard

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Brad Fanella <bradfanella@archlinux.us>wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2011, at 1:07 PM, Netanel Shine <netanel@archlinux.org.il>
> wrote:

>> it seems like the computer just freeze (hang) on random time when using
>> the
>> vpnclient on newer kernel version (2.6.36) - on the older versions it was
>> fine.
>>
>> more information here -
>>
>> http://ilapstech.blogspot.com/2009/09/cisco-vpn-client-on-karmic-koala.html?showComment=1257451714781#c747363570559 7938301
>>

> This is probably better left as a comment on the package's AUR page, so the
> maintainer will be directly notified of this issue. ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Brad

By the way, what is provided by this client that cannot be done with vpnc in
[core] ?

--
Cédric Girard

Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Netanel Shine

Seems to me like a problem with the SMP mode, when turning the others cores
of:

CPU 1 is now offline
CPU 3 MCA banks CMCI:2 CMCI:3 CMCI:5
CPU 2 is now offline
CPU 3 is now offline
SMP alternatives: switching to UP code

and changing to UP code, it runs great.

i wrote about it n my blog (but in hebrew, some say - google trnaslate?)

http://blog.netanelshine.co.il/?p=436

Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Netanel Shine

forgot to say, vpnc should do the job done, and dont even need module to
load, ill test it out and post more information about that.