Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Thomas S Hatch

Default I can not maintain my packages anymore, liquidsoap & some ocaml dependencies

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Luciano A. Ferrer <laferrer@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys, gals!
>
> Unfortunately I can not maintain my packages anymore, it is
> liquidsoap[1] and some ocaml dependencies of it (in fact, I am not
> using them anymore...)
> You can see the list here:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=luuuciano
>
> Maybe some of you want to own them, or a few of them?
>
> No idea what it is the best way to do it, I will just Disown them now?
>

> In the other hand, Thomas S Hatch sent an email to ocaml packagers[2]
>

> Best regards and wishes!
> luciano
>
> [1] http://savonet.sourceforge.net/
> [2] Hello, I am the new ocaml findlib maintainer and I just letting
> the maintainers of ocaml packages know that I have changed some of the
> behavior of findlib to fix some issues.
>
> These changes should not break your packages, but I am asking that the
> ocaml package developers change their packages to reflect these
> changes, and I just want them to be aware of them since it changes a
> lot of PKGBUILDs in the long run.
>
> Thanks for your packages!
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OCaml_Package_Guidelines

Luciano, I am sorry to hear that, if there was any way we could keep you on
I would be thrilled, you have some good packages! But if you are not going
to maintain them I will be happy to take care of these packages!

We appreciate your work for Arch and I appreciate your work on ocaml.

If you want to let them go just disown them and I will pick them up!

Also, if there is anything I have said of done to upset anyone with the
ocaml changes please let me know, that is of course never my intention!

-Tom

Old 01-03-2011, 04:26 PM
"Luciano A. Ferrer"

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Luciano A. Ferrer <laferrer@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, gals!
>>
>> Unfortunately I can not maintain my packages anymore, it is
>> liquidsoap[1] and some ocaml dependencies of it (in fact, I am not
>> using them anymore...)
>> You can see the list here:
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=luuuciano
>>
>> Maybe some of you want to own them, or a few of them?
>>
>> No idea what it is the best way to do it, I will just Disown them now?
>>

>> In the other hand, Thomas S Hatch sent an email to ocaml packagers[2]
>>

>> Best regards and wishes!
>> luciano
>>
>> [1] http://savonet.sourceforge.net/
>> [2] Hello, I am the new ocaml findlib maintainer and I just letting
>> the maintainers of ocaml packages know that I have changed some of the
>> behavior of findlib to fix some issues.
>>
>> These changes should not break your packages, but I am asking that the
>> ocaml package developers change their packages to reflect these
>> changes, and I just want them to be aware of them since it changes a
>> lot of PKGBUILDs in the long run.
>>
>> Thanks for your packages!
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OCaml_Package_Guidelines
>>

> Luciano, I am sorry to hear that, if there was any way we could keep you on
> I would be thrilled, you have some good packages! But if you are not going
> to maintain them I will be happy to take care of these packages!
>
> We appreciate your work for Arch and I appreciate your work on ocaml.
>
> If you want to let them go just disown them and I will pick them up!
>
> Also, if there is anything I have said of done to upset anyone with the
> ocaml changes please let me know, that is of course never my intention!
>
> -Tom

The problem is that I have no more time to do it, and I started it
because I needed to run liquidsoap (it was a little netradio), but
then that project ended (as my free time)

And I know that anyone else will do a way better job!

here a list of the disowned packages

liquidsoap
ocaml-alsa
ocaml-cry
ocaml-dtools
ocaml-duppy
ocaml-lame
ocaml-mad
ocaml-magic
ocaml-ogg
ocaml-shout
ocaml-soundtouch
ocaml-taglib
ocaml-vorbis

Best regards
luciano

Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Thomas S Hatch

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Luciano A. Ferrer <laferrer@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Luciano A. Ferrer <laferrer@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys, gals!
> >>
> >> Unfortunately I can not maintain my packages anymore, it is
> >> liquidsoap[1] and some ocaml dependencies of it (in fact, I am not
> >> using them anymore...)
> >> You can see the list here:
> >> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=luuuciano
> >>
> >> Maybe some of you want to own them, or a few of them?
> >>
> >> No idea what it is the best way to do it, I will just Disown them now?
> >>

> >> In the other hand, Thomas S Hatch sent an email to ocaml packagers[2]
> >>

> >> Best regards and wishes!
> >> luciano
> >>
> >> [1] http://savonet.sourceforge.net/
> >> [2] Hello, I am the new ocaml findlib maintainer and I just letting
> >> the maintainers of ocaml packages know that I have changed some of the
> >> behavior of findlib to fix some issues.
> >>
> >> These changes should not break your packages, but I am asking that the
> >> ocaml package developers change their packages to reflect these
> >> changes, and I just want them to be aware of them since it changes a
> >> lot of PKGBUILDs in the long run.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your packages!
> >>
> >> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OCaml_Package_Guidelines
> >>

> > Luciano, I am sorry to hear that, if there was any way we could keep you
> on
> > I would be thrilled, you have some good packages! But if you are not
> going
> > to maintain them I will be happy to take care of these packages!
> >
> > We appreciate your work for Arch and I appreciate your work on ocaml.
> >
> > If you want to let them go just disown them and I will pick them up!
> >
> > Also, if there is anything I have said of done to upset anyone with the
> > ocaml changes please let me know, that is of course never my intention!
> >
> > -Tom
>
> The problem is that I have no more time to do it, and I started it
> because I needed to run liquidsoap (it was a little netradio), but
> then that project ended (as my free time)
>
> And I know that anyone else will do a way better job!
>
> here a list of the disowned packages
>
> liquidsoap
> ocaml-alsa
> ocaml-cry
> ocaml-dtools
> ocaml-duppy
> ocaml-lame
> ocaml-mad
> ocaml-magic
> ocaml-ogg
> ocaml-shout
> ocaml-soundtouch
> ocaml-taglib
> ocaml-vorbis
>
> Best regards
> luciano

Thanks luciano, I will take care of them!

-Tom