Old 11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default Fixing packages with broken sources

Hello Devs and TUs,

as you might know some licenses require providing the sources somehow.
While fixing the sourceballs script which implements this I discovered
quit a lot of broken PKGBUILDs. We really need to fix those asap as this
also breaks ABS and makes rebuilds a real pain (and impossible to
automate in future).

I have setup a todo list which can be found at
http://www.archlinux.org/todo/48/ (there are also links to the raw logs
if you like to see why makepkg failed)

Here is how to fix it:

* If you just missed uploading a source file to svn there is no need to
repackage; just add that file and run archrelease $repo-$arch And: use
devtools in futuer which prevent such errors
* If the checksum is wrong: Have a look why this happened! This might
be a serious problem. You need to rebuild and rerelase the package with
a new pkgrel of course.
* Upstream source has moved. If the checksum is still the same, just
update the source url and use archrelease. No need to repackage.
* Upstream source is gone. If there is a new version, update to that.
If that happens regulary or there is no releiable upstream source you
should upload the source to ftp.archlinux.org/other/$pkgname. If the
source file is quite big, let me know; so I can blacklist it as there is
no need to mirror it twice.

Also, let me know if there are any false positives.

Greetings,

Pierre

Old 11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Pierre Schmitz

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:09:39 +0100, Pierre Schmitz
<pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> I have setup a todo list which can be found at
> http://www.archlinux.org/todo/48/ (there are also links to the raw logs
> if you like to see why makepkg failed)

Somehow this list drop the split packages. A complete list can be found
athttps://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/tmp/broken-pkgs.txt

Also have a log at the raw log for other errors.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Pierre Schmitz

<pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hello Devs and TUs,
>
> as you might know some licenses require providing the sources somehow.
> While fixing the sourceballs script which implements this I discovered
> quit a lot of broken PKGBUILDs. We really need to fix those asap as this
> also breaks ABS and makes rebuilds a real pain (and impossible to
> automate in future).

I have rewritten the sourceballs script from scratch. It should be like
over 9000 times faster now. For details see my commit message at
http://projects.archlinux.org/dbscripts.git/commit/?id=4d16d294f338d5e90a92acb2096bca77e9e924e7

The script run every 8 hour and sends a list of added, removed and
especially failed packages to arch-notifications. The dbscripts are in
dryrun mode for a little while. Please have a look at those mails and
let me know if there is something wrong. (Only look at the recent two
mails; the others were test mails)

Greetings,

Pierre

Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Ángel Velásquez

I've tried to rebuild slib (which is the one remaining on that TODO).

There is a new version (old one is deleted from the server) And I
couldn't make the rebuild, could some one help with this? should we
ask on community who want to maintain it (with gnucash though which is
out-of-date too), or drop it to aur?

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net