Old 09-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Nathan O

Default multilib

Old 09-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Xyne

Ng Oon-Ee wrote:

> > > Don't get me wrong, I wasn't accusing you or your package of anything. Not
> > > sure what happened except those problems that came out of no where.
> >
> > Don't worry, I didn't take it that way at all. I just wanted to clarify for
> > anyone else following the thread so they don't walk away thinking that
> > arch32-light might be dangerous.
>
> But arch32-light ate my babies =)

Hey, that's by design. Why do you think it's called "-light"? If you want to
enjoy the act of procreation *and* the progeny it engenders, then you should
use the non-light package. :P

Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Alexander Rødseth

Hi,

Chuck has recently released a 64-bit compatible source tarball, so the
multilib package is no longer needed for x86_64.

Can I have access to [multilib] so I can remove chuck? (and possibly
make other useful changes to multilib in the future).

Thanks.

--
Cordially,
Alexander Rødseth

Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Dan McGee

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Chuck has recently released a 64-bit compatible source tarball, so the
> multilib package is no longer needed for x86_64.
>
> Can I have access to [multilib] so I can remove chuck? (and possibly
> make other useful changes to multilib in the future).

You already have access via archweb; I'm not sure what other access
you need? You should be able to do /arch/db-remove etc. on sigurd to
remove things from multilib as well as community.

-Dan

Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 12.09.2012 16:46, schrieb Dan McGee:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Chuck has recently released a 64-bit compatible source tarball, so the
>> multilib package is no longer needed for x86_64.
>>
>> Can I have access to [multilib] so I can remove chuck? (and possibly
>> make other useful changes to multilib in the future).
>
> You already have access via archweb; I'm not sure what other access
> you need? You should be able to do /arch/db-remove etc. on sigurd to
> remove things from multilib as well as community.

You need separate multilib rights to access the repo.

I'll add Alexander now.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Alexander Rødseth

Thank you, Thomas.

--
Best regards,

Old 09-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Bartłomiej Piotrowski

On 09/12/2012 03:01 PM, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
> Can I have access to [multilib] so I can remove chuck? (and possibly
> make other useful changes to multilib in the future).

I've the same request. I want to bring to [multilib] lib32-fmodex and
some other dependencies used by games without x86_64 support.

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
Arch Linux Trusted User

Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 16.09.2012 08:41, schrieb Bartłomiej Piotrowski:
> On 09/12/2012 03:01 PM, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
>> Can I have access to [multilib] so I can remove chuck? (and possibly
>> make other useful changes to multilib in the future).
>
> I've the same request. I want to bring to [multilib] lib32-fmodex and
> some other dependencies used by games without x86_64 support.

Done.

Please post to the [arch-multilib] mailing list for each package you
want to add, and wait a day or so for potential objections.