Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 PM
"KESHAV P.R."

Default Packages deletion request and PKGBUILD check

Please delete packages grub2-efi-x64-bzr
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39901 and grub2-efi-x86-bzr
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39902 . The packages have
been merged and replaced by grub2-efi-bzr
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40290 (see PKGBUILD for more
info).

Can someone please check the PKGBUILD
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grub2-efi-bzr/grub2-efi-bzr/PKGBUILD
for any apparent errors. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Keshav

Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 AM
"KESHAV P.R."

Please delete packages -

grub2-efi-x64-bzr http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39901 and
grub2-efi-x86-bzr http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39902 .

The packages have been merged (based on tpowa's suggestion) and
replaced by grub2-efi-bzr
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40290 (see PKGBUILD for more
info).

Please delete these pkgs also -

grub2-efi-x64 http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39904 and
grub2-efi-x86 http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39905

The packages have been merged and replaced by grub2-efi
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40300 .

Can someone please check the PKGBUILDs
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grub2-efi-bzr/grub2-efi-bzr/PKGBUILD
and http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grub2-efi/grub2-efi/PKGBUILD for

Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Nathan O

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:59 AM, KESHAV P.R. <skodabenz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please delete packages -
>
> grub2-efi-x64-bzr http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39901 and
> grub2-efi-x86-bzr http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39902 .
>
> The packages have been merged (based on tpowa's suggestion) and
> replaced by grub2-efi-bzr
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40290 (see PKGBUILD for more
> info).
>
> Please delete these pkgs also -
>
> grub2-efi-x64 http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39904 and
> grub2-efi-x86 http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39905
>
> The packages have been merged and replaced by grub2-efi
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40300 .
>
> Can someone please check the PKGBUILDs
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grub2-efi-bzr/grub2-efi-bzr/PKGBUILD
> and http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grub2-efi/grub2-efi/PKGBUILD for
> any apparent errors. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.
>
> Keshav

on the grub2-efi-bzr and grub2-efi PKGBUILD:

sed -i "s|^(_EFI_ARCH)=.*|1=${_EFI_ARCH}|;
s|^(_trns_name)=.*|1=${_trns_name}|;
s|^(export _EFI_APP_MODULES)=.*|1=${_EFI_APP_MODULES}|"
${startdir}/grub2-efi-bzr.install

Has startdir, probably could do ../grub2-efi-bzr.install

Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Nathan Wayde

On 27/08/10 09:04, Nathan O wrote:

[...]

I'm just making noise here, but I really don't think that .install file
should be doing what it's currently doing.

such as:
`cp /usr/lib/${_trns_name}/${_EFI_ARCH}-... /boot/...`

is there any reason this isn't *static* inside the package?
I'd argue that if it can do it at install time then it can do it at
buildtime, ofcourse I likely just mis-understood what's going on in that
file.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 AM
"KESHAV P.R."

@Nathan O: I used startdir absolute path (instead of relative path).
Actually it should be ../../../grub2-efi-bzr.install

[quote Nathan Wayde]

I'm just making noise here, but I really don't think that .install file
should be doing what it's currently doing.

such as:
`cp /usr/lib/${_trns_name}/${_EFI_ARCH}-... /boot/...`

[/quote]

I plan to add EFISYS partition detection to the post_install script -
/boot/grub2_efi_x64 etc. is temporary location. Accoding to uefi spec
the proper location is <EFISYS_PART>/efi/grub2_efi_x64 (grub2_efi_x64
is my own naming - not according to uefi spec or grub2 devs). I leave
the post_install script unchanged for now. Is the dummy pkgname any
problem?