-   -   Why is there no option to delete your own package in AUR yourself? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/399446-why-there-no-option-delete-your-own-package-aur-yourself.html)

Ng Oon-Ee 07-14-2010 11:41 PM

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 08:58 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> I think it would be better to just have a "delete request" button which
> would require a note why the package needs deleted so that the TUs could
> have a list they can easily access and work through.
>
> Allan

A much better idea. For quick response we could just mail aur-general
directly (those of us who use it).

Simplest solution would probably send an email to [aur-general] with the
comments posted and giving the user's logged-in email address. Perhaps
it should be a 'delete/disown request' button instead, and allowed for
all package rather than just your own. Or 'delete' when its your own and
'disown' when its not.

Dave 07-14-2010 11:46 PM

On 07/14/2010 04:41 PM, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 08:58 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

I think it would be better to just have a "delete request" button which
would require a note why the package needs deleted so that the TUs could
have a list they can easily access and work through.

Allan

A much better idea. For quick response we could just mail aur-general
directly (those of us who use it).

Simplest solution would probably send an email to [aur-general] with the
comments posted and giving the user's logged-in email address. Perhaps
it should be a 'delete/disown request' button instead, and allowed for
all package rather than just your own. Or 'delete' when its your own and
'disown' when its not.

For "disowns", I think the owner should also be e-mails so that he may
appeal the request.

Dave

Ng Oon-Ee 07-15-2010 12:02 AM

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 16:46 -0700, Dave wrote:
> On 07/14/2010 04:41 PM, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 08:58 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> >> I think it would be better to just have a "delete request" button which
> >> would require a note why the package needs deleted so that the TUs could
> >> have a list they can easily access and work through.
> >>
> >> Allan
> >>
> > A much better idea. For quick response we could just mail aur-general
> > directly (those of us who use it).
> >
> > Simplest solution would probably send an email to [aur-general] with the
> > comments posted and giving the user's logged-in email address. Perhaps
> > it should be a 'delete/disown request' button instead, and allowed for
> > all package rather than just your own. Or 'delete' when its your own and
> > 'disown' when its not.
>
> For "disowns", I think the owner should also be e-mails so that he may
> appeal the request.
>
> Dave

Well yes, I was assuming that the current owner would be informed
automatically. In any case, whenever a reporter does not state
explicitly that "I emailed X a week ago with no reply" the TUs typically
ask him to do so first, so I don't see any difference with how things
are previously even if the current owner is not automatically informed.

Александр Фролушкин 07-16-2010 01:19 PM

16.07.2010 19:58, Michael Düll (akurei) пишет:
> Am Donnerstag 15 Juli 2010, 00:54:56 schrieb Thomas Dziedzic:

>>> I think it would be better to just have a "delete request" button which
>>> would require a note why the package needs deleted so that the TUs could
>>> have a list they can easily access and work through.
>>>
>>> Allan
>> +1 for this idea
> I like this idea, too.
Maybe, orphan request as a button too?