Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 AM
elwin013

Default PKGBUILD for 'daimonin' package

Hello!
I'd like to upload a new PKGBUILD for "daimonin" package to AUR.
I try to contact present maintainer, but he didn't reply to my e-mail.
It would by nice if a TU orphan a package and I would be glad to take
maintain of package.

Thanks,
elwin013

Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Laurent Carlier

Le lundi 12 juillet 2010 12:21:52, elwin013 a écrit :
> Hello!
> I'd like to upload a new PKGBUILD for "daimonin" package to AUR.
> I try to contact present maintainer, but he didn't reply to my e-mail.
> It would by nice if a TU orphan a package and I would be glad to take
> maintain of package.
>
> Thanks,
> elwin013

link ?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Laurent Carlier

Le lundi 12 juillet 2010 12:29:15, elwin013 a écrit :
> On 12.07.2010 12:30, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> > Le lundi 12 juillet 2010 12:21:52, elwin013 a écrit :
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> I'd like to upload a new PKGBUILD for "daimonin" package to AUR.
> >> I try to contact present maintainer, but he didn't reply to my e-mail.
> >> It would by nice if a TU orphan a package and I would be glad to take
> >> maintain of package.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> elwin013
> >
> > link ?

The package isn't really out-of-date (you didn't set the flag on ?), and all
the package he maintain seem up-to-date.

There is two version available, this one, and a beta5 0.10 (looklike it will
be the next client)

When did you try to contact the maintainer ? an answer can take some time.

++

Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM
elwin013

I'd like to upload a new PKGBUILD for "daimonin" package to AUR.
I try to contact present maintainer, but he didn't reply to my e-mail.
It would by nice if a TU orphan a package and I would be glad to take
maintain of package.

Thanks,
elwin013

link ?

The package isn't really out-of-date (you didn't set the flag on ?), and all
the package he maintain seem up-to-date.

There is two version available, this one, and a beta5 0.10 (looklike it will
be the next client)

When did you try to contact the maintainer ? an answer can take some time.

++
It isn't out-of-date, but it has bug in his PKGBUILD - after compilation
client try to get a skin file from temporary folder (e.g.
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-login/aur-daimonin/...) and it crashes.

I send an e-mail 9 days ago (3 July).

If there is no way to orphan it I will apologize for all problems. I'm a
bit new there.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Laurent Carlier

Le lundi 12 juillet 2010 13:12:40, elwin013 a écrit :
> On 12.07.2010 12:50, Laurent Carlier wrote:

> >> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19466
> >
> > The package isn't really out-of-date (you didn't set the flag on ?), and
> > all the package he maintain seem up-to-date.
> >
> > There is two version available, this one, and a beta5 0.10 (looklike it
> > will be the next client)
> >
> > When did you try to contact the maintainer ? an answer can take some
> > time.
> >
> > ++
>
> It isn't out-of-date, but it has bug in his PKGBUILD - after compilation
> client try to get a skin file from temporary folder (e.g.
> /tmp/yaourt-tmp-login/aur-daimonin/...) and it crashes.
>
> I send an e-mail 9 days ago (3 July).
>
> If there is no way to orphan it I will apologize for all problems. I'm a
> bit new there.

Ok, i've orphaned it, the PKGBUILD doesn't seem relly well maintain (lot of
old code).

Adopt it, give it more love, and have fun !