Old 06-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

Default Dangerous package - requesting temporary removal

I'm requesting that "libcamp-git"
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38213) be removed for the time
being. The packager appears to be inexperienced and currently MAKING the
package results in pollution of the user system if the user has root
permissions. If not, the package fails to build.

I notified the maintainer in the comments and I'm unsure if I'm being
unfair by already bringing this up on the mailing list since he appears
to be inexperienced but what the package does is rather dangerous.

-- Sven-Hendrik

Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Ionuț Bîru

being. The packager appears to be inexperienced and currently MAKING the
package results in pollution of the user system if the user has root
permissions. If not, the package fails to build.

that's why you should never build packages as root. it has "make
install" without specifying destdir

I notified the maintainer in the comments and I'm unsure if I'm being
unfair by already bringing this up on the mailing list since he appears
to be inexperienced but what the package does is rather dangerous.

-- Sven-Hendrik

i've disown it and if you want you can fix it

--
Ionuț

Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

On 29.06.2010 22:17, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> On 06/29/2010 11:11 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
>> I'm requesting that "libcamp-git"
>> (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38213) be removed for the time
>> being. The packager appears to be inexperienced and currently MAKING the
>> package results in pollution of the user system if the user has root
>> permissions. If not, the package fails to build.
>>

> that's why you should never build packages as root. it has "make
> install" without specifying destdir

Yup, I pointed out the same thing in the comments.

>> I notified the maintainer in the comments and I'm unsure if I'm being
>> unfair by already bringing this up on the mailing list since he appears
>> to be inexperienced but what the package does is rather dangerous.
>>
>> -- Sven-Hendrik
>
> i've disown it and if you want you can fix it

Thank you, but then I'll request a deletion as I'll upload it under a
proper name.

-- Sven-Hendrik