Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Enrico Scichilone

Default Thunderbird on x64

Hey list,
does anybody else has a problem with Enigmail and Thunderbird on a
x86_64 system?

It is disabled for quite some time now, every time an update comes in,
the error shows up:
""Enigmail" could not be installed, because it is not compatible with
the thunderbird-build-type (Linxu_x86_64_gcc3)."

It further says to contact the author, but I'm not quite sure if it isnt
better to recompile Thunderbird with different options.

Have fun!
enni | telsh

--
"Es ist sinnlos zu sagen: Wir tun unser Bestes.
Es mu dir gelingen, das zu tun, was erforderlich ist."

Old 06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Ionuț Bîru

does anybody else has a problem with Enigmail and Thunderbird on a
x86_64 system?

It is disabled for quite some time now, every time an update comes in,
the error shows up:
""Enigmail" could not be installed, because it is not compatible with
the thunderbird-build-type (Linxu_x86_64_gcc3)."

It further says to contact the author, but I'm not quite sure if it isnt
better to recompile Thunderbird with different options.

Have fun!
enni | telsh

1) http://enigmail.mozdev.org/download/download-static.php

the x86_64 version is done by an archlinux user

2) enigmail from aur

--
Ionuț

Old 06-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Enrico Scichilone

Am 28.06.2010 18:38, schrieb Ionuț Bîru:
> On 06/28/2010 07:35 PM, Enrico Scichilone wrote:
>> Hey list,
>> does anybody else has a problem with Enigmail and Thunderbird on a
>> x86_64 system?
>
> 1) http://enigmail.mozdev.org/download/download-static.php
>
> the x86_64 version is done by an archlinux user
>
> 2) enigmail from aur

Thanks, worked like a charm!

...and now that was fast!

Bye, take care,
enni | telsh

--
"Es ist sinnlos zu sagen: Wir tun unser Bestes.
Es muß dir gelingen, das zu tun, was erforderlich ist."

Old 06-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Thomas Bchler

Am 28.06.2010 18:35, schrieb Enrico Scichilone:
> Hey list,
> does anybody else has a problem with Enigmail and Thunderbird on a
> x86_64 system?
>
> It is disabled for quite some time now, every time an update comes in,
> the error shows up:
> ""Enigmail" could not be installed, because it is not compatible with
> the thunderbird-build-type (Linxu_x86_64_gcc3)."
>
> It further says to contact the author, but I'm not quite sure if it isnt
> better to recompile Thunderbird with different options.

The automatic enigmail update always fails for me, and has done so for a
long time. However, manually downloading the x86_64 enigmail from their
website still works. After all, the build is made on an Arch system and
probably tested with Arch's thunderbird.