-   -   bin32 package dependencies. (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/391351-bin32-package-dependencies.html)

Peter Lewis 06-26-2010 10:39 PM

bin32 package dependencies.

Hi folks,

I have a quick question about dependencies for the bin32 version of a package
I took over recently that I'm trying to tidy up (cedega). If the 32 bit binary
is running on an x86_64 base and wants to use dbus through dbus-python, does
it need lib32-dbus-core as well as dbus-python, or is the python bit a
sufficient wrapper?

(I don't have much experience with either dbus or python!)

Thanks,

Pete.

Laurent Carlier 06-26-2010 10:54 PM

Le dimanche 27 juin 2010 00:39:56, Peter Lewis a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a quick question about dependencies for the bin32 version of a
> package I took over recently that I'm trying to tidy up (cedega). If the
> 32 bit binary is running on an x86_64 base and wants to use dbus through
> dbus-python, does it need lib32-dbus-core as well as dbus-python, or is
> the python bit a sufficient wrapper?
>
> (I don't have much experience with either dbus or python!)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete.

AFAIK dbus provide an interface for inter processes communication so you do
not need to add a dependency to a specific arch for dbus.

I cannot say anything about python.....

++

Peter Lewis 06-27-2010 03:53 PM

On Saturday 26 Jun 2010 at 23:54 Laurent Carlier wrote:
> Le dimanche 27 juin 2010 00:39:56, Peter Lewis a écrit :
> > I have a quick question about dependencies for the bin32 version of a
> > package I took over recently that I'm trying to tidy up (cedega). If the
> > 32 bit binary is running on an x86_64 base and wants to use dbus through
> > dbus-python, does it need lib32-dbus-core as well as dbus-python, or is
> > the python bit a sufficient wrapper?
>
> AFAIK dbus provide an interface for inter processes communication so you do
> not need to add a dependency to a specific arch for dbus.

Thanks Laurent :-)

Pete.