Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Moritz Rudert

Default delete requests

Hi,
can somebody delete

bin32-skype-pulse - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19132 cause
its not needed anymore (skype supports pulse natively:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Skype)

wine-pulse_64 - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32007
cause its not updated, and I think a duplicate of wine-pulse -

b43-firmware-newest - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32338
cause its a duplicate of b43-firmware -

b43-fwcutter-patched - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32337
cause its an outdated package and I think the patches are in upstream in
core/b43-fwcutter

b43-fwcutter-git - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34093
cause the git-repo does not exists anymore.

Thanks and greetings
Moritz <helios> Rudert

Old 11-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Joao Cordeiro

gnome-mount-lite [1]
gnome-disk-utility replaces it

mpich [2] and mpich2 [3] are the same. First one is outdated but probably
has better naming. 1 should be deleted OR adopted by 2 maintainer (so that 2
can be removed)

xautoclick-latest [4]
should be removed because it is a dupe of xautoclick [5] (that was
orphaned). I asked its maintainer to adopt the original package and update
it. It was not updated yet.

bargraph [6]
I may be wrong but I believe this simply disappeared from the face of the
internet. It has no packages dependents on it and may as well be deleted
from aur too.

programmers-dvorak [7]
same as programmer-dvorak-console-map [8] but outdated and orphaned.

Thanks in advance

Old 11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Stefan Husmann

Am 25.11.2010 11:03, schrieb Joao Cordeiro:
> gnome-mount-lite [1]
> gnome-disk-utility replaces it
done, thank you

> mpich [2] and mpich2 [3] are the same. First one is outdated but probably
> has better naming. 1 should be deleted OR adopted by 2 maintainer (so that 2
> can be removed)
I do not think they are the same. Also mpich is needed by another AUR package.

> xautoclick-latest [4]
> should be removed because it is a dupe of xautoclick [5] (that was
> orphaned). I asked its maintainer to adopt the original package and update
> it. It was not updated yet.
Done, xautoclick has been adopted, and xautoclick-latest was already orphaned.
> bargraph [6]
> I may be wrong but I believe this simply disappeared from the face of the
> internet. It has no packages dependents on it and may as well be deleted
> from aur too.
done
> programmers-dvorak [7]
> same as programmer-dvorak-console-map [8] but outdated and orphaned.

Not exactly the same. Both are maintained.
> Thanks in advance
>

> [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36041
> [2] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1502
> [3] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1503
> [4] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39030
> [5] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32264
> [6] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7700
> [7] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11203
> [8] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=42222

Thank you!

Old 11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Joao Cordeiro

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Stefan Husmann
<stefan-husmann@t-online.de>wrote:

> > mpich [2] and mpich2 [3] are the same. First one is outdated but
> probably
> > has better naming. 1 should be deleted OR adopted by 2 maintainer (so
> that 2
> > can be removed)
> I do not think they are the same. Also mpich is needed by another AUR
> package.

True, sorry. Clicking "Download MPICH" and "Download MPICH2" redirected me
to the same page and I jumped into a false assumption.

> xautoclick-latest [4]
> should be removed because it is a dupe of xautoclick [5] (that was
> orphaned). I asked its maintainer to adopt the original package and update
> it. It was not updated yet.

> Done, xautoclick has been adopted, and xautoclick-latest was already
> orphaned.

It wasn't when I checked :x

> > programmers-dvorak [7]
> > same as programmer-dvorak-console-map [8] but outdated and orphaned.
>
> Not exactly the same. Both are maintained.

Again, true and sorry. But programmers-dvorak [7] was orphaned and outdated
(still is atm) :P