Old 06-24-2010, 05:06 PM
pascal

Default (no)delete request

Le Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:43:10 +0200
Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com> a écrit:

> On 24.06.2010 18:34, pascal wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I made some months ago the package mutt-sidebar-nttp
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34238
> >
> > I don't use it anymore and feel like it could just be deleted because
> > there's already a lot of mutt-* packages around and it seems not so popular
> > anyway (2 votes). I'm not sure it's worth orphaning it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > pascal
> >

> It's definitely worth keeping unless it has been superseded by something
> else. Don't delete packages because they are not very popular.
> Orphan it if you don't want to maintain it anymore. However, what bad
> can come from you owning it? You will probably care for it better than
> anybody else for the time being. Just check if it still works every 6
> months or so unless you get an error report.
>
> -- Sven-Hendrik

Well, I would have then to check the patch stuff for openssl (I saw other mutt*
use a patch for it, but didn't look at it closely), and also I was modifying the
nntp patch myself, because it did not play nice with the sidebar patch. It's
trivial changes but I'm not sure I would be able to maintain it when/if a new
release of sidebar patch or mutt come.
Though, after reading your mail, I'm considering fixing the package for now. My
request was coming from a lack of motivation. At least I'll give a try.