Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Peter Lewis

Default AUR-notify suggestions

Hi folks,

I have a small suggestion, which I wonder if it might be possible to easily
implement for the AUR.

As are we all, I'm subscribed to be "notified" about packages which I'm
interested in, so I get emails when comments get posted to their page.

It would be really useful, I think, if:

1) It could say in the email (preferably the subject) if I was the person who
uploaded / am currently maintaining that package.

and

2) If I could also be notified when a new version of the package was uploaded.

What do those in the know think?

Cheers,

Pete.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Lukas Fleischer

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:03:52AM +0100, Peter Lewis wrote:
> 1) It could say in the email (preferably the subject) if I was the person who
> uploaded / am currently maintaining that package.

What would that be useful for? To put those mails in different mail
boxes? I currently keep a list with AUR packages I maintain and use it
to highlight mail notifications for such packages in mutt (which works
fine unless you adopt/create new packages every day).

If you want this to be implemented, the bug tracker [1] might be a
better place.

> 2) If I could also be notified when a new version of the package was uploaded.

There already is a feature request for that feature [2].

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=2
[2] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7442

Old 06-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Peter Lewis

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Lukas.

On Thursday 24 Jun 2010 at 09:21 Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:03:52AM +0100, Peter Lewis wrote:
> > 1) It could say in the email (preferably the subject) if I was the person
> > who uploaded / am currently maintaining that package.
>
> What would that be useful for?

Well...

> To put those mails in different mail
> boxes? I currently keep a list with AUR packages I maintain and use it
> to highlight mail notifications for such packages in mutt (which works
> fine unless you adopt/create new packages every day).

To avoid having to do this :-) It just seemed like a nicer solution than
everyone having to keep and update mail filters for every package. I
personally tend to scan down a message list for subject lines that make me
act. It's not a big deal, but this would just help a little.

> If you want this to be implemented, the bug tracker [1] might be a
> better place.

Okay thanks. I just thought I'd ask around informally before sticking in a
request.

> > 2) If I could also be notified when a new version of the package was
> > uploaded.
>
> There already is a feature request for that feature [2].
>
> [1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=2
> [2] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7442

Excellent :-)

Pete.