Old 06-12-2010, 08:28 PM
jwbirdsong

Default possible dup?

I've asked this on #archlinux-aur and never got a response, figured I'd
ask here for procedure (at least).

Pkg http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19673 _APPEARS _to be a out
of date dup of http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22734. (well
actually my pkg is prolly considered the dup as it is a new pkg)

As far as I can tell the functionality of these is exactly same.

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19673 has been outdated for
some time apparently. comments and lack of response to email seem to
indicate maintainer absence.

Seems some one has link to rapidshare for an up-to-date pkg on comments;
that seems like bad business to me.

Is it acceptable to put link to my pkg in comments? (Assuming pkg really
are identical) Just ask for disown then take over and delete new pkg?
Not sure what is "proper" procedure here.

Thanks and sorry for long winded post.

JWB

Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Ray Rashif

On 13 June 2010 02:28, jwbirdsong <jwbirdsong@jwbirdsong.homelinux.com> wrote:
> Just ask for disown then take over and delete new pkg?

Yes.

> Not sure what is "proper" procedure here.

The above.

After you yourself have e-mailed the maintainer and can confirm his
absence on your part, we can orphan it for you to adopt.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 06-14-2010, 05:12 AM
jwbirdsong

Just ask for disown then take over and delete new pkg?

Yes.

Not sure what is "proper" procedure here.

The above.

After you yourself have e-mailed the maintainer and can confirm his
absence on your part, we can orphan it for you to adopt.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Just as a point of fact; I sent another Email to maintainer asking to
update and/or disown.
I suppose my 1st email (sent cpl of weeks ago) could have just been
ignored as I mainly asked for info (similar to my OP)

Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Ray Rashif

On 14 June 2010 11:12, jwbirdsong <jwbirdsong@jwbirdsong.homelinux.com> wrote:
> On 06/12/2010 02:58 PM, Ray Rashif wrote:
>>
>> On 13 June 2010 02:28, jwbirdsong<jwbirdsong@jwbirdsong.homelinux.com>
>> *wrote:
>>

>>> Just ask for disown then take over and delete new pkg?
>>>

>> Yes.
>>

>>> Not sure what is "proper" procedure here.
>>>

>> The above.
>>
>> After you yourself have e-mailed the maintainer and can confirm his
>> absence on your part, we can orphan it for you to adopt.
>>

>> --
>> GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD
>>

> Just as a point of fact; I sent another Email to maintainer asking to update
> and/or disown.
> I suppose my 1st email (sent cpl of weeks ago) could have just been ignored
> as I mainly asked for info (similar to my OP)

If the maintainer hasn't replied the last e-mail for 2 weeks, then you
can request for deletion/ownership.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 06-15-2010, 02:59 AM
jwbirdsong

If the maintainer hasn't replied the last e-mail for 2 weeks, then you
can request for deletion/ownership.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

So requesting. Please orphan
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19673 so that I may maintain.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Ray Rashif

On 15 June 2010 08:59, jwbirdsong <jwbirdsong@jwbirdsong.homelinux.com> wrote:
> So requesting. Please orphan http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19673
> so that I may maintain.

Done. And I removed your dup along as well.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD