Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Stephen Weinberg

Default Help with binary package

Can someone help me with godesk?
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635&detail=1

It used to work, then there was some update and it does not work
anymore. It is not a dynamic binary, however according to what I have
been reading this may have to do with a glib update.

When I run the binary, I get:

$ godesk

(process:8174): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(godesk:8174): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
godesk: ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/getpagesize.c:32: __getpagesize:
Assertion `_rtld_global_ro._dl_pagesize != 0' failed. Aborted

The GDK warnings were always there, but it is the getpagesize that is
failing.

Since it is a binary package, I do not expect you to be able to fix it.
However, I need someone to help me figure out what caused it so I can
give a better report upstream. They are responsive and have fixed bugs
I have given them in the past.

-- Stephen

Old 06-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Stephen Weinberg

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:21:59 -0400
Stephen Weinberg <stephen@q5comm.com> wrote:

> Can someone help me with godesk?
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635&detail=1
>
> It used to work, then there was some update and it does not work
> anymore. It is not a dynamic binary, however according to what I have
> been reading this may have to do with a glib update.
>
> When I run the binary, I get:
>
> $ godesk
>
> (process:8174): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> (godesk:8174): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
> Using the fallback 'C' locale.
> godesk: ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/getpagesize.c:32: __getpagesize:
> Assertion `_rtld_global_ro._dl_pagesize != 0' failed. Aborted
>
> The GDK warnings were always there, but it is the getpagesize that is
> failing.
>
> Since it is a binary package, I do not expect you to be able to fix
> it. However, I need someone to help me figure out what caused it so I
> can give a better report upstream. They are responsive and have fixed
> bugs I have given them in the past.
>
> -- Stephen

Sorry, it is not glib, it is glibc.