Old 06-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Thomas Dziedzic

Default old/non-working packages r5u870 r5u870-fw r5u870-ice

Please remove:
r5u870 - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15226 - doesn't work
with kernels 2.6.26 and later. Also it seems that the site is down,
and no one develops it.
r5u870-fw - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15227 - for the
same reason as above
r5u870-ice - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15538 - for the
same reason as above

Wiki also mentions that the above packages don't work:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Webcam_Setup#r5u870_.28Ricoh.29
I will update the wiki once the mentioned packages are deleted from the AUR.

There is a working package I maintain that replaces the above packages.
r5u87x-hg - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21458

Old 06-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please remove:
> r5u870 - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15226 - doesn't work
> with kernels 2.6.26 and later. Also it seems that the site is down,
> and no one develops it.
> r5u870-fw - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15227 - for the
> same reason as above
> r5u870-ice - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15538 - for the
> same reason as above
>
> Wiki also mentions that the above packages don't work:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Webcam_Setup#r5u870_.28Ricoh.29
> I will update the wiki once the mentioned packages are deleted from the AUR.
>
> There is a working package I maintain that replaces the above packages.
> r5u87x-hg - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21458

The nonworking packages have been removed.

Keep up the awesome work!