Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Stephen Weinberg

Default Golang in AUR

The aur has far too many versions of go (http://golang.org). Many of
them are out of date. I went though and tried to find as many as I
could. I believe most of these should be deleted.

go-google-mercurial http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31969
I think this one should be deleted. go is in community and this does
not have provides/conflicts with that package.

golang http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31912
Very old. I am not even sure if it works. It is also missing
provides/conflicts.

go-hg http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33695
Much better! Missing provides but has conflicts. PKGBUILD looks sound.

go-lang-hg
This one is the best. It does not have any problems. It looks like it
is mostly a copy of the one from abs except it fetches the tip instead
of release. It also has provides/conflicts.

go-lang-hg has only one flaw, the name. I think it should be named
go-hg since it is the hg of a package in community.

If I am wrong on any of this, let me know. I am new to packaging and I
have only made three of them. I am still learning :-).

-- Stephen

Old 06-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Christian Himpel

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Stephen Weinberg <stephen@q5comm.com> wrote:
> go-lang-hg
> This one is the best. It does not have any problems. It looks like it
> is mostly a copy of the one from abs except it fetches the tip instead
> of release. It also has provides/conflicts.

thanks, i'm the maintainer
this pkgbuild also supports the usage of godoc (by copying all .go
source files in $GOROOT)

> go-lang-hg has only one flaw, the name. I think it should be named
> go-hg since it is the hg of a package in community.

+1

cheers,
chressie

Old 06-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Stephen Weinberg

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:29:04 +0200
Christian Himpel <chressie@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Stephen Weinberg <stephen@q5comm.com>
> wrote:
> > go-lang-hg
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31913
> > This one is the best. It does not have any problems. It looks like
> > it is mostly a copy of the one from abs except it fetches the tip
> > instead of release. It also has provides/conflicts.
>
> thanks, i'm the maintainer
> this pkgbuild also supports the usage of godoc (by copying all .go
> source files in $GOROOT)
>
> > go-lang-hg has only one flaw, the name. I think it should be named
> > go-hg since it is the hg of a package in community.
>
> +1
>
> cheers,
> chressie

Cool, if one of the TUs agrees with us, then you can re-upload it with
the new name package.

Also, you are right, I forgot to add works with godoc to the list of
reasons. I just thought that was implied when I said it was a copy of
the community pkgbuild.

The reason why I want everything cleaned up is I plan to package some
libraries and bindings. Then I want to make a set of standards for
packaging them.

-- Stephen

Old 06-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Thorsten Töpper

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 21:18:25 -0400
Stephen Weinberg <stephen@q5comm.com> wrote:
> The aur has far too many versions of go (http://golang.org). Many of
> them are out of date. I went though and tried to find as many as I
> could. I believe most of these should be deleted.
>
> go-google-mercurial http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31969
> I think this one should be deleted. go is in community and this does
> not have provides/conflicts with that package.

Deleted.

> golang http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31912
> Very old. I am not even sure if it works. It is also missing
> provides/conflicts.

Deleted.

> go-hg http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33695
> Much better! Missing provides but has conflicts. PKGBUILD looks sound.
>
> go-lang-hg
> This one is the best. It does not have any problems. It looks like it
> is mostly a copy of the one from abs except it fetches the tip instead
> of release. It also has provides/conflicts.
>
> go-lang-hg has only one flaw, the name. I think it should be named
> go-hg since it is the hg of a package in community.
>
> If I am wrong on any of this, let me know. I am new to packaging and I
> have only made three of them. I am still learning :-).
>
> -- Stephen

Now for go-hg and go-lang-hg: Christian ask the Maintainer if he will
hand the package over to you, or at least improve it accordingly. I'll
delete your package in a few days.

--
Jabber: atsutane@freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4 FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4

Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Andres P

> Now for go-hg and go-lang-hg: Christian ask the Maintainer if he will
> hand the package over to you, or at least improve it accordingly. I'll
> delete your package in a few days.

I was the maintainer of go-hg.

This one was the basis for the package in community; I helped out Vegai
some time ago.

Anyway, I don't have access to that account anymore, nor the email
that's associated with it. And I'm also not interested in maintaining it
anymore.

Feel free to disown all packages associated to account res,
Andres P

Old 06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Stefan Husmann

Now for go-hg and go-lang-hg: Christian ask the Maintainer if he will
hand the package over to you, or at least improve it accordingly. I'll
delete your package in a few days.

I was the maintainer of go-hg.

This one was the basis for the package in community; I helped out Vegai
some time ago.

Anyway, I don't have access to that account anymore, nor the email
that's associated with it. And I'm also not interested in maintaining it
anymore.

Feel free to disown all packages associated to account res,
Andres P

Done, thank you.

Regards Stefan

Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Christian Himpel

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Stefan Husmann
<stefan-husmann@t-online.de> wrote:
> Am 08.06.2010 01:57, schrieb Andres P:
>>>
>>> Now for go-hg and go-lang-hg: Christian ask the Maintainer if he will
>>> hand the package over to you, or at least improve it accordingly. I'll
>>> delete your package in a few days.
>>
>> I was the maintainer of go-hg.
>>
>> This one was the basis for the package in community; I helped out Vegai
>> some time ago.
>>
>> Anyway, I don't have access to that account anymore, nor the email
>> that's associated with it. And I'm also not interested in maintaining it
>> anymore.
>>
>> Feel free to disown all packages associated to account res,
>> Andres P
>>

> Done, thank you.

i adopted go-hg[1], flagged go-lang-hg[2] out of date and wrote a
comment, that go-lang-hg was replaced by go-hg.
so i think go-lang-hg[2] can be deleted now (it's too bad about the
votes of [2]...).

i hope that's okay now.

cheers,
chressie

[1]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33695
[2]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31913

Old 06-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Thorsten Töpper

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:25:38 +0200
Christian Himpel <chressie@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Stefan Husmann
> <stefan-husmann@t-online.de> wrote:

> >> I was the maintainer of go-hg.
> >>
> >> This one was the basis for the package in community; I helped out
> >> Vegai some time ago.
> >>
> >> Anyway, I don't have access to that account anymore, nor the email
> >> that's associated with it. And I'm also not interested in
> >> maintaining it anymore.
> >>
> >> Feel free to disown all packages associated to account res,
> >> Andres P
> >>

> > Done, thank you.
>
> i adopted go-hg[1], flagged go-lang-hg[2] out of date and wrote a
> comment, that go-lang-hg was replaced by go-hg.
> so i think go-lang-hg[2] can be deleted now (it's too bad about the
> votes of [2]...).
>
> i hope that's okay now.
>
> cheers,
> chressie
>
> [1]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33695
> [2]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31913

Deleted go-lang-hg, people should have read the comment by now.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Christian Himpel

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Thorsten Töpper
<atsutane@freethoughts.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:25:38 +0200
> Christian Himpel <chressie@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Stefan Husmann
>> <stefan-husmann@t-online.de> wrote:

>> > Done, thank you.
>>
>> i adopted go-hg[1], flagged go-lang-hg[2] out of date and wrote a
>> comment, that go-lang-hg was replaced by go-hg.
>> so i think go-lang-hg[2] can be deleted now (it's too bad about the
>> votes of [2]...).
>>
>> i hope that's okay now.
>>
>> cheers,
>> chressie
>>
>> [1]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33695
>> [2]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31913
>
> Deleted go-lang-hg, people should have read the comment by now.

great, thanks!

cheers,
chressie