Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Dany Martineau

Default Please remove pulseaudio-ubuntu

Hi!

I've just created pulseaudio-ubuntu, but it's a mess. Could someone can
remove it please?

--
Dany Martineau
Enseignant en mathématiques

Old 06-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 16:42 -0400, Dany Martineau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just created pulseaudio-ubuntu, but it's a mess. Could someone can
> remove it please?

Out of curiosity, what patches does ubuntu apply that are so desirable?
AFAIK the Ubuntu pulse maintainers (2 of them I think) forwards
everything they do upstream, and Lennart/Colin aren't very slow in
pulling to git.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Dany Martineau

I do have a strange bug (audio stops and replaced by a strident noise)
with pulseaudio who bug me and it happens only sometimes when i don't
want it to happen :-( . I was only testing pulseaudio with patches
from other distro by curiosity to try to avoid this bug. As i say, it
happens only sometimes with random apps (flashplayer, rhythmbox, amarok,
some games,...) and to stop the sound, i have to restart pulseaudio.

Maybe it's related to /etc/asound.conf, maybe not.

Anyway; since i have sime time to kill today (raining day), it was only
curiosity that led me to this package.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 20:34 -0400, Dany Martineau wrote:
> Le 2010-06-05 19:12, Ng Oon-Ee a écrit :
> > On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 16:42 -0400, Dany Martineau wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I've just created pulseaudio-ubuntu, but it's a mess. Could
someone can
> >> remove it please?
> >>

> > Out of curiosity, what patches does ubuntu apply that are so
desirable?
> > AFAIK the Ubuntu pulse maintainers (2 of them I think) forwards
> > everything they do upstream, and Lennart/Colin aren't very slow in
> > pulling to git.
> >
> I do have a strange bug (audio stops and replaced by a strident noise)
> with pulseaudio who bug me and it happens only sometimes when i don't
> want it to happen :-( . I was only testing pulseaudio with patches
> from other distro by curiosity to try to avoid this bug. As i say, it
> happens only sometimes with random apps (flashplayer, rhythmbox, amarok,
> some games,...) and to stop the sound, i have to restart pulseaudio.
>
> Maybe it's related to /etc/asound.conf, maybe not.
>
> Anyway; since i have sime time to kill today (raining day), it was only
> curiosity that led me to this package.

I'd recommend pulseaudio-git, if that doesn't help go to the pulse ML
and post a question. Actually, going there first is a good idea, bring
your error logs from a pulseaudio -vvvvv run.

P.S. - Please don't top-post. Fixed for you.