FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
"Nathan O."
 
Default kalsamix

Kalsamix at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 I can not get
it to build, I also tried using the deb version since it has already
been compiled but it wants libartskde
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Ike Devolder
 
Default kalsamix

did you try to build with:
--without-arts

and the dependency will be kdelibs3 , qt3 not needed since kdelibs3 depends
on it

2010/6/4 Nathan O. <ndowens04@gmail.com>

> Kalsamix at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 I can not get
> it to build, I also tried using the deb version since it has already been
> compiled but it wants libartskde
>
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
"Nathan O."
 
Default kalsamix

Even --without-arts while building from source it gives and error. What
I am talking about if I try to use the deb version, since the source
doesn't want to build for some unknown reason, wants arts. If arts was
in the repo I may be able to get kalsamix to work.

On 06/04/2010 03:35 AM, Ike Devolder wrote:

did you try to build with:
--without-arts

and the dependency will be kdelibs3 , qt3 not needed since kdelibs3 depends
on it

2010/6/4 Nathan O.<ndowens04@gmail.com>



Kalsamix at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 I can not get
it to build, I also tried using the deb version since it has already been
compiled but it wants libartskde
 
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 AM
"Nathan O."
 
Default kalsamix

I don't think there is going to be any luck with the kalsamix
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 package. I looked at
gentoo's package site, like somebody mentioned to check for a patch and
nothing. Unless somebody knows how to program, then it is currently
going to be broken.


Thanks
 
Old 06-05-2010, 05:56 AM
Loui Chang
 
Default kalsamix

On Sat 05 Jun 2010 00:29 -0500, Nathan O. wrote:
> I don't think there is going to be any luck with the kalsamix
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 package. I looked at
> gentoo's package site, like somebody mentioned to check for a patch
> and nothing. Unless somebody knows how to program, then it is
> currently going to be broken.

Why don't you post the errors to the package page?
 
Old 06-05-2010, 05:56 AM
"Nathan O."
 
Default kalsamix

On 06/05/2010 12:56 AM, Loui Chang wrote:

On Sat 05 Jun 2010 00:29 -0500, Nathan O. wrote:


I don't think there is going to be any luck with the kalsamix
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 package. I looked at
gentoo's package site, like somebody mentioned to check for a patch
and nothing. Unless somebody knows how to program, then it is
currently going to be broken.


Why don't you post the errors to the package page?


Will do :-)
 
Old 06-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Nathan Wayde
 
Default kalsamix

On 05/06/10 06:56, Nathan O. wrote:

On 06/05/2010 12:56 AM, Loui Chang wrote:

On Sat 05 Jun 2010 00:29 -0500, Nathan O. wrote:

I don't think there is going to be any luck with the kalsamix
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 package. I looked at
gentoo's package site, like somebody mentioned to check for a patch
and nothing. Unless somebody knows how to program, then it is
currently going to be broken.

Why don't you post the errors to the package page?

Will do :-)

If it doesn't need to have vumeter support, disable it. That's where the
aRts dependency comes from. You're going to have trouble compiling it
further however, it has trouble finding its libs so after (successful)
compilation it fails to link.
 
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 AM
"Nathan O."
 
Default kalsamix

On 06/05/2010 01:09 AM, Nathan Wayde wrote:

On 05/06/10 06:56, Nathan O. wrote:

On 06/05/2010 12:56 AM, Loui Chang wrote:

On Sat 05 Jun 2010 00:29 -0500, Nathan O. wrote:

I don't think there is going to be any luck with the kalsamix
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 package. I looked at
gentoo's package site, like somebody mentioned to check for a patch
and nothing. Unless somebody knows how to program, then it is
currently going to be broken.

Why don't you post the errors to the package page?

Will do :-)

If it doesn't need to have vumeter support, disable it. That's where
the aRts dependency comes from. You're going to have trouble compiling
it further however, it has trouble finding its libs so after
(successful) compilation it fails to link.
Loui mentioned to put the error on the package page and I was about to,
but somebody posted to also disable vumeter and that is what I am doing,
so currently I am attempting to find the complaining file and make a
patch file by using diff against svn sources to see if it will work.
 
Old 06-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Nathan Wayde
 
Default kalsamix

On 05/06/10 07:11, Nathan O. wrote:

On 06/05/2010 01:09 AM, Nathan Wayde wrote:

On 05/06/10 06:56, Nathan O. wrote:

On 06/05/2010 12:56 AM, Loui Chang wrote:

On Sat 05 Jun 2010 00:29 -0500, Nathan O. wrote:

I don't think there is going to be any luck with the kalsamix
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 package. I looked at
gentoo's package site, like somebody mentioned to check for a patch
and nothing. Unless somebody knows how to program, then it is
currently going to be broken.

Why don't you post the errors to the package page?

Will do :-)


If it doesn't need to have vumeter support, disable it. That's where
the aRts dependency comes from. You're going to have trouble compiling
it further however, it has trouble finding its libs so after
(successful) compilation it fails to link.

Loui mentioned to put the error on the package page and I was about to,
but somebody posted to also disable vumeter and that is what I am doing,
so currently I am attempting to find the complaining file and make a
patch file by using diff against svn sources to see if it will work.

I doubt a patch would make any difference as removing aRts includes from
the source disables vumeter. If you wanna try, look for `#ifdef
VUMETER`, it's in a few files, the aRts includes reside within these blocks.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org