Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 PM
"Nathan O."

Default indigo

I found the package indigo at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17007

The homepage seems to say that it is a trial. In my opinion we shouldn't
have trial software packaged. Though I could be wrong, thought I'd

Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský

On 3 June 2010 00:36, Nathan O. <ndowens04@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found the package indigo at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17007
>
> The homepage seems to say that it is a trial. In my opinion we shouldn't
> have trial software packaged. Though I could be wrong, thought I'd report
> this and see if trial software should be put in AUR

This is a freeware version. Only newer ones are commercial.

BTW: there is a lot of commercial software in the AUR.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:07 AM
"Nathan O."

The homepage seems to say that it is a trial. In my opinion we shouldn't
have trial software packaged. Though I could be wrong, thought I'd report
this and see if trial software should be put in AUR

This is a freeware version. Only newer ones are commercial.

BTW: there is a lot of commercial software in the AUR.

Hmm K. Didn't know. I know personally I rather not package commercial apps.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Sergej Pupykin

Hmm K. Didn't know. I know personally I rather not package commercial
apps.

Why not? If you bought commercial software it would be nice to install
it as Arch Linux package.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:12 AM
"Nathan O."

Hmm K. Didn't know. I know personally I rather not package commercial
apps.

Why not? If you bought commercial software it would be nice to install
it as Arch Linux package.
I mean the purpose of AUR is to allow others to install it as well.
Chance that the creator of the software doesnt want it packaged, is what
I mean

Old 06-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Nathan Wayde

Hmm K. Didn't know. I know personally I rather not package commercial
apps.

Why not? If you bought commercial software it would be nice to install
it as Arch Linux package.

I mean the purpose of AUR is to allow others to install it as well.
Chance that the creator of the software doesnt want it packaged, is what
I mean

AUR neither stores nor distribute packages. The wishes of the creators
in this case is therefore irrelevant, whether or the software is
Trialware(nothing wrong with this!) or Freeware.