Old 05-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Stephen Weinberg

Default Convention question

I was making my first svn package and I used some examples I found
online. The abiword-svn package removes the svn directory at the end of
the package build. Is that the correct thing to do? It does not make
sense to me.

The abiword package is at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34444

And the new package I created is at

-- Stephen

Old 05-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Ionut Biru

I was making my first svn package and I used some examples I found
online. The abiword-svn package removes the svn directory at the end of
the package build. Is that the correct thing to do? It does not make
sense to me.

The abiword package is at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34444

And the new package I created is at

-- Stephen

the convention is in /usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD-svn.proto

that file is owned by abs

--
Ionut

Old 05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Stephen Weinberg

On Mon, 31 May 2010 18:13:48 +0300
Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/31/2010 06:11 PM, Stephen Weinberg wrote:
> > I was making my first svn package and I used some examples I found
> > online. The abiword-svn package removes the svn directory at the
> > end of the package build. Is that the correct thing to do? It does
> > not make sense to me.
> >
> > The abiword package is at
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34444
> >
> > And the new package I created is at
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37712
> >
> > -- Stephen
>
> the convention is in /usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD-svn.proto
>
> that file is owned by abs

I know. I read that when making mine. I am wondering why that package
deletes the source when it is done with it. It makes more sense to
update the svn when you rebuild the package instead of redownloading
the whole thing.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Stefan Husmann

I was making my first svn package and I used some examples I found
online. The abiword-svn package removes the svn directory at the
end of the package build. Is that the correct thing to do? It does
not make sense to me.

The abiword package is at

And the new package I created is at

-- Stephen

the convention is in /usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD-svn.proto

that file is owned by abs

I know. I read that when making mine. I am wondering why that package
deletes the source when it is done with it. It makes more sense to
update the svn when you rebuild the package instead of redownloading
the whole thing.

Hello,
the only rm I see is

rm -rf "$srcdir/$_svnmod-build"

That makes sense, since it deletes the .o files and binaries you got
from a previous build.

The svn commands write to "$srcdir/$_svnmod".

Regards Stefan

Old 05-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Chris Brannon

Stephen Weinberg wrote:
> I know. I read that when making mine. I am wondering why that package
> deletes the source when it is done with it. It makes more sense to
> update the svn when you rebuild the package instead of redownloading
> the whole thing.

Right. You shouldn't delete your svn checkout after building the source.
However, you should copy the source to a second directory. Do the build
in that directory, to avoid polluting your checkout.
That's how things are done in
/usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD-svn.proto.
The code in that prototype also removes any build directory left from
a previous run of makepkg.

-- Chris