Old 05-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Stephen Weinberg

Default First package

I made my first AUR package. Can someone take a look at it and tell me
if I did anything wrong? http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635

Also, are there any packages that need creating?

Thanks,

Stephen

Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Thomas Dziedzic

If you can fix aur/kfs or aur/kfs-svn then I would be glad, since I
have a feeling the owner of those has gone dormant and probably wont
be able to fix them

Old 05-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Ulf Winkelvos

Hi Stephen,

The PKGBUILD looks fine to me, except the name. I would prefer
"bin32-godesk-static" as it is imho good practice to let the user know
what he is going to find in the PKGBUILD.

Regards, Ulf

Old 05-31-2010, 05:54 AM
Gary Wright

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Stephen Weinberg <stephen@q5comm.com> wrote:
> I made my first AUR package. Can someone take a look at it and tell me
> if I did anything wrong? http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635
>
> Also, are there any packages that need creating?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Leading comment (# PKGBUILD for the ....) should be removed, as it is
already covered in the $pkgdesc variable. otherwise, looks great
(better than my first one!)

Gary

Old 05-31-2010, 05:58 AM
"Nathan O."

I made my first AUR package. Can someone take a look at it and tell me
if I did anything wrong? http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635

Also, are there any packages that need creating?

Thanks,

Stephen

Leading comment (# PKGBUILD for the ....) should be removed, as it is
already covered in the $pkgdesc variable. otherwise, looks great
(better than my first one!)

Gary

In place of mkdir -p, you can do install -d
$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname

and also do in place of my $pkgdir/usr/share/godesk/COPYING do
install -Dm 644 $pkgdir/usr/share/$pkgname/COPYING
$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/

What you did isn't wrong, just thought I would pass the above info to you.