Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Daenyth Blank

Default PKGBUILD that helps with VCS upstream contribution?

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 18:01, Philipp <hollunder@lavabit.com> wrote:
> Now if I wanted to contribute code back to a project that uses git, how
> would I do that without losing the comfort and safety of makepkg?
> I figured it should be possible to write a PKGBUILD that gets the latest
> upstream changes but also integrates local changes.

Fork their git repo (github makes this easy), add and commit your
changes, and set your PKGBUILD to use your forked version. You can use
git format-patch to send things back to them, or send a pull request
through github or some other medium. The individual project will
determine what's the best method.