Old 05-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Heiko Baums

Default Duplicate package libtxc_dxtn

Could someone, please, delete the duplicate and orphaned package
x11/libtxc_dxtn?

It's a duplicate of this unfortunately also no longer maintained package
lib/libtxc_dxtn.

Heiko

Old 05-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Xavier Chantry

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Could someone, please, delete the duplicate and orphaned package
> x11/libtxc_dxtn?
>
> It's a duplicate of this unfortunately also no longer maintained package
> lib/libtxc_dxtn.

Why is the older one the duplicate ?

The newer one also got the license wrong :
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/s3tc_index.html
the code itself is all BSD licensed

Other than that, the two pkgbuilds are a bit different but should do the job.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Thu, 13 May 2010 11:22:46 +0200
schrieb Xavier Chantry <chantry.xavier@gmail.com>:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>
> wrote:
> > Could someone, please, delete the duplicate and orphaned package
> > x11/libtxc_dxtn?
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15571
> >
> > It's a duplicate of this unfortunately also no longer maintained
> > package lib/libtxc_dxtn.
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21519
> >

> Why is the older one the duplicate ?
>
> The newer one also got the license wrong :
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/s3tc_index.html
> the code itself is all BSD licensed
>
> Other than that, the two pkgbuilds are a bit different but should do
> the job.

Just delete the package you want.

I thought the older one had an incomplete arch array and was only for
i686 while the other one was also for x86_64, but I was wrong.

I don't care which one to delete.

Btw., the older one has the correct package name with the _ instead of
an -.

Heiko

Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Stefan Husmann

Btw., the older one has the correct package name with the _ instead of
an -.

Heiko

Yes, this and the license issue was the reason to choose the newer one
to remove.

Thank you.