Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
julroy67

Default Rename my AUR package

Hi,

I maintain lugaru-hd-opensource (
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37145 ) and I first used the
initial source package provided by Wolfire, but now I'm using the a hg
branch clone (the default package don't work) so I would like to have
it renamed to reflect the fact that is it using Mercurial. Sometjing
like lugaruhd-hg. Could someone do this ? Or should I reupload it
under this new name and you have to erase the old one ?

Thanks in advance,
Julroy67

Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Ionut Biru

initial source package provided by Wolfire, but now I'm using the a hg
branch clone (the default package don't work) so I would like to have
it renamed to reflect the fact that is it using Mercurial. Sometjing
like lugaruhd-hg. Could someone do this ? Or should I reupload it
under this new name and you have to erase the old one ?

Thanks in advance,
Julroy67

aur doesn't support renaming. the only way is to submit a new package
that have the new pkgname and then ask here to delete the bad one.

--
Ionut

Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Daenyth Blank

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 16:01, julroy67 <julroy67@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I maintain lugaru-hd-opensource (
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37145 ) and I first used the
> initial source package provided by Wolfire, but now I'm using the a hg
> branch clone (the default package don't work) so I would like to have
> it renamed to reflect the fact that is it using Mercurial. Sometjing
> like lugaruhd-hg. Could someone do this ? Or should I reupload it
> under this new name and you have to erase the old one ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Julroy67

AUR packages can't be renamed, so you'd have to upload a new package.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Lauri Niskanen

On 05/12/2010 11:01 PM, julroy67 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I maintain lugaru-hd-opensource (
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37145 ) and I first used the
> initial source package provided by Wolfire, but now I'm using the a hg
> branch clone (the default package don't work) so I would like to have
> it renamed to reflect the fact that is it using Mercurial. Sometjing
> like lugaruhd-hg. Could someone do this ? Or should I reupload it
> under this new name and you have to erase the old one ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Julroy67

I believe the correct way is to upload a new package with the correct
name and then have the old one deleted by posting here about it.

--
Ape <Lauri Niskanen>