Old 04-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Hubert Grzeskowiak

Default orphan request for tinyxml

Hi,
please disown the package tinyxml.
link: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1155

Reasons:
- package is out of date for some time now
-- last update was Fri, 08 Feb 2008
-- maintainer doesn't repond to comments
-- most of his packages are out of date, btw:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=big_gie&SeB=m
- the PKGBUILD mentions another maintainer, who isn't really active anymore (no
time) and the contributor mentioned in the PKGBUILD doesn't reply to emails
- the PKGBUILD includes a few minor faults (typo in description; bash regex in
source url)

Have a nice day
Hubert Grzeskowiak (Nemesis#13)

Old 04-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Thorsten Töpper

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:55:32 +0200
Hubert Grzeskowiak <aur-general-ml@nemesis13.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> please disown the package tinyxml.
> link: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1155
>
> Reasons:
> - package is out of date for some time now
> -- last update was Fri, 08 Feb 2008
> -- maintainer doesn't repond to comments
> -- most of his packages are out of date, btw:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=big_gie&SeB=m
> - the PKGBUILD mentions another maintainer, who isn't really active
> anymore (no time) and the contributor mentioned in the PKGBUILD
> doesn't reply to emails
> - the PKGBUILD includes a few minor faults (typo in description; bash
> regex in source url)
>
> Have a nice day
> Hubert Grzeskowiak (Nemesis#13)

Done for this package, a blind copy of this mail goes to the owner to
remind him that he can orphan packages which he doesn't want to take
care of, as some packages are only a few days old, I guess he's not
inactive.

--
Jabber: atsutane@freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4 FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4

Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Hubert Grzeskowiak

Am 26.04.2010 21:13, schrieb Thorsten Töpper:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:55:32 +0200
> Hubert Grzeskowiak <aur-general-ml@nemesis13.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> please disown the package tinyxml.
>> link: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1155
(...)

> Done for this package, a blind copy of this mail goes to the owner to
> remind him that he can orphan packages which he doesn't want to take
> care of, as some packages are only a few days old, I guess he's not
> inactive.

Thanks.
Yeah, seems big_gie commits packages from time to time and doesn't care about
them afterwards.

By the way, is there any way to get an AUR maintainer's mail address if it's
not in the PKGBUILD? Maybe some fowarding like <name>@aur.archlinux.org?