Old 04-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Hubert Grzeskowiak

Default tinyxml package in AUR

Hi guys,
the tinyxml package (a C++ lib for handling xml files) from AUR is expired for
some time already and the maintainer seems to not have the time to update it.
I've put together my own one, but I'm unsure how I should put it on the web.
Creating another package in AUR seems a wrong decision, so I thought somebody
here can replace the original one. Beside the version update it also has STL
support enabled and it creates shared libs.

Here's the PKGBUILD:

# Contributor: Hubert Grzeskowiak <arch at nemesis13 dot de>
pkgname=tinyxml
pkgver=2.6.1
_pkgver=2_6_1
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc="A simple, small, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrated into
other programs."
url='http://www.grinninglizard.com/tinyxml/'
arch=('any')
license=('zlib')
source="http://sourceforge.net/projects/${pkgname}/files/${pkgname}/${pkgver}/${pkgname}_${_pkgver}.zip/download"
md5sums=('60f92af4f43364ab0c6d5b655e804bd3')

build() {
cd $srcdir/$pkgname
install -d $pkgdir/usr/include
cp *.{h,cpp} $pkgdir/usr/include/
rm $pkgdir/usr/include/xmltest.cpp
sed -i.orig -e 's/TINYXML_USE_STL := NO/tINYXML_USE_STL := YES/' Makefile
make || return 1

rm -f xmltest.o
g++ -shared -o libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver -Wl,-soname,libtinyxml.so.0 *.o ||
return 1
install -d $pkgdir/usr/lib
install -m755 libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver $pkgdir/usr/lib/
cd $pkgdir/usr/lib
ln -s libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver libtinyxml.so.0
ln -s libtinyxml.so.0.$pkgver libtinyxml.so
}

--
Have a nice day
Nemesis#13

Old 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Philipp

Excerpts from Hubert Grzeskowiak's message of 2010-04-18 16:39:28 +0200:
> Hi guys,
> the tinyxml package (a C++ lib for handling xml files) from AUR is expired for
> some time already and the maintainer seems to not have the time to update it.
> I've put together my own one, but I'm unsure how I should put it on the web.
> Creating another package in AUR seems a wrong decision, so I thought somebody
> here can replace the original one. Beside the version update it also has STL
> support enabled and it creates shared libs.

Usually you flag it out of date first, maybe post your updated variant
using some paste service and link it there. After a while, like two
weeks, you mail the maintainer. If he doesn't respond you ask on this
list for someone to orphan the package (provide a link to it).
Usually it's orphaned in a matter of hours, then you can adopt and
update it.

HTH
Philipp