Old 01-12-2008, 03:32 PM
"Abhishek Dasgupta"

Default testing/extra

Won't a chrooted environment require one to install the entire arch
system in the chroot?

-- Abhishek Dasgupta

Old 01-12-2008, 03:37 PM
"Jaroslaw Swierczynski"

2008/1/12, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com>:
> Won't a chrooted environment require one to install the entire arch
> system in the chroot?

That's right.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:39 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/1/12, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com>:
> Won't a chrooted environment require one to install the entire arch
> system in the chroot?

Yes.
You can make your life easier with mkarchroot and makechrootpkg
scripts from devtools.
Use git version from here
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=devtools.git;a=tree
because the latest released version doesn't work.

P.S.: do not top-post, please. ;-)

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 01-12-2008, 03:44 PM
"Abhishek Dasgupta"

On Jan 12, 2008 10:09 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/12, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com>:
> > Won't a chrooted environment require one to install the entire arch
> > system in the chroot?
>
> Yes.
> You can make your life easier with mkarchroot and makechrootpkg
> scripts from devtools.
> Use git version from here
> http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=devtools.git;a=tree
> because the latest released version doesn't work.
>
> P.S.: do not top-post, please. ;-)
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Thank you, Roman!
I did not even know what top-posting was, just checked it out in Wikipedia :-)

-- Abhishek Dasgupta