FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Franz Rogar
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

Hello,

I've just finished patching fontforge-cvs PKGBUILD using libpng14
patch in stable. I'd upload it but I've an important question:

If I send the package it will update the current one? It uses the same
pkg name. Or do I need to do something prior?

Main differences between this and the "out-of-date" flagged one in AUR are:

- It's a "true" cvs package. Old one just pick a dated release.
- It applies libpng14 patch from stable release so it can be built
again now that libpng14 is the default version.
- It enables type3 support, devicetables, python scripting and double precision.


--
Thanks in anyway,
Franz Rogar
 
Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Ronald van Haren
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just finished patching fontforge-cvs PKGBUILD using libpng14
> patch in stable. I'd upload it but I've an important question:
>
> If I send the package it will update the current one? It uses the same
> pkg name. Or do I need to do something prior?
>

if you are the current maintainer it will replace the package. If
you're not, best is to get in touch with the current maintainer and
let him update the package or ask if you can take over
maintainership.

Ronald
 
Old 04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Panos Filip
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just finished patching fontforge-cvs PKGBUILD using libpng14
> patch in stable. I'd upload it but I've an important question:
>
> If I send the package it will update the current one? It uses the same
> pkg name. Or do I need to do something prior?
>
> Main differences between this and the "out-of-date" flagged one in AUR are:
>
> - It's a "true" cvs package. Old one just pick a dated release.
> - It applies libpng14 patch from stable release so it can be built
> again now that libpng14 is the default version.
> - It enables type3 support, devicetables, python scripting and double
> precision.
>
>
> --
> Thanks in anyway,
> Franz Rogar
>

Since you haven't changed the pkgname, the new one will overwrite the
previous.
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Franz Rogar
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

Thank you for your answers.

I contated mantainer and granted me to take over the package, so I'll
update it in a few minutes.


Again, thanks you :-)

--
Thanks in anyway,
Franz Rogar
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Franz Rogar
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

Well, I spoke too early...

System says «No está autorizado a sobreescribir el paquete
fontforge-cvs.» (You're not allowed [granted] to overwrite
fontforge-cvs pkg.)

Mantainer lost his password and can't log in (I attach his answer to
this topic). So, is there any way to update the package?

Thanks in advance,
Franz Rogar



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Gowers <00ai99@gmail.com>
Date: 2010/4/5
Subject: Re: ArchLinux AUR fontforge-cvs package
To: Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com>


On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The pagage fontforge-cvs you mantain at archlinux aur repo is
> currently broken. It needs to apply patch for libpng14 found in stable
> fontforge pkg.
>
> If you can update it it'd be fantastic, if not, I can take care of the
> package and mantain it, if you don't mind.

I got a notification about it being flagged out of date a while ago
but was unable to do anything as I'd lost my password (and the
archlinux AUR appears to have no means for recovering a lost
password!) . My password remains lost. If it's possible for you to
adopt the package without me needing to login, you are welcome to do
so.

Thanks Franz.





--
Thanks in anyway,
Franz Rogar
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Ronald van Haren
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I spoke too early...
>
> System says «No está autorizado a sobreescribir el paquete
> fontforge-cvs.» (You're not allowed [granted] to overwrite
> fontforge-cvs pkg.)
>
> Mantainer lost his password and can't log in (I attach his answer to
> this topic). So, is there any way to update the package?
>

go ahead now, I orphaned it.

Ronald
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Franz Rogar
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

2010/4/5 Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> System says «No está autorizado a sobreescribir el paquete
>> fontforge-cvs.» (You're not allowed [granted] to overwrite
>> fontforge-cvs pkg.)
>>
>
> go ahead now, I orphaned it.
>
> Ronald
>

Thanks, that was fast... but still no luck with updating it. It just
keeps showing same message. I guess server may need some time to fix
permissions. I'll try again later.

--
Thanks in anyway,
Franz Rogar
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Ronald van Haren
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/5 Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Franz Rogar <franzrogar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> System says «No está autorizado a sobreescribir el paquete
>>> fontforge-cvs.» (You're not allowed [granted] to overwrite
>>> fontforge-cvs pkg.)
>>>
>>
>> go ahead now, I orphaned it.
>>
>> Ronald
>>
>
> Thanks, that was fast... but still no luck with updating it. It just
> keeps showing same message. I guess server may need some time to fix
> permissions. I'll try again later.
>
> --
> Thanks in anyway,
> * * * *Franz Rogar
>

you may need to adopt it first before uploading. Just go to the
package page and hit adopt.

Ronald
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Franz Rogar
 
Default Newbie question about updating package

2010/4/5 Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com>:
> you may need to adopt it first before uploading. Just go to the
> package page and hit adopt.
>
> Ronald
>

Thank you very much :-) It's updated now.

Sorry for all headaches.

--
Thanks in anyway,
Franz Rogar
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org