Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Anton Leontiev

Default GraphicsMagick PKGBUILD

Hello everyone!

I've updated GraphicsMagick PKGBUILD to the version 1.3.12.
Can anyone check it and update the package in extra repository?

Also I have a question about perl bindings fot this package. Now they
are included in the package. Maybe it will be better to make PKGBUILD
that produces two packages: graphicsmagick and perl-graphics-magick? Or
this is completely unnecessary?

Thanks,

--
Leontiev Anton (bunder@t-25.ru)
# $Id: PKGBUILD 64619 2010-01-21 11:47:09Z ronald $

pkgname=graphicsmagick
pkgver=1.3.12
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Image processing system"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://www.graphicsmagick.org/"
license=('MIT')
makedepends=('perl')
depends=('bzip2' 'freetype2' 'ghostscript' 'jasper' 'lcms' 'libsm'
'libtiff' 'libwmf' 'libxml2' 'libtool')
options=('!libtool')
source=(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/$pkgname/GraphicsMagick-$pkgver.tar.bz2)
md5sums=('55182f371f82d5f9367bce04e59bbf25')

build() {
cd "${srcdir}/GraphicsMagick-$pkgver"

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-perl --enable-shared --with-gs-font-dir=/usr/share/fonts/Type1 || return 1
make || return 1
make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install || return 1

# Install MIT license
install -Dm644 "Copyright.txt" "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/Copyright.txt" || return 1

# Install perl bindings
# The patching was introduced in order to build perl module without installing package itself and
# not to introduce unnecessary path into LD_RUN_PATH
cd PerlMagick || return 1
sed -i -e "s:'LDDLFLAGS' => "(.*)":'LDDLFLAGS' => "-L${pkgdir}/usr/lib 1":" Makefile.PL
perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor PREFIX=/usr DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" || return 1
sed -i -e "s/LDLOADLIBS =/LDLOADLIBS = -lGraphicsMagick/" Makefile
make || return 1
make install || return 1

# Remove perllocal.pod and .packlist
rm -rf "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl"
rm "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/auto/Graphics/Magick/.packlist"
}

Old 03-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Ronald van Haren

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Anton Leontiev <bunder@t-25.ru> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've updated GraphicsMagick PKGBUILD to the version 1.3.12.
> Can anyone check it and update the package in extra repository?

Please don't. Last time I checked octave didn't build against the new
graphicsmagick package. I have to check into that first before
updating the package.

> Also I have a question about perl bindings fot this package. Now they
> are included in the package. Maybe it will be better to make PKGBUILD
> that produces two packages: graphicsmagick and perl-graphics-magick? Or
> this is completely unnecessary?

I doubt it's really needed, but it much depends on size of the perl
bindings and the rest of the package and the dependency chain of the
packages that depend on it. Do you have any numbers on size?

Ronald

Old 03-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Anton Leontiev

В Сбт, 27/03/2010 в 18:39 +0100, Ronald van Haren пишет:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Anton Leontiev <bunder@t-25.ru> wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > I've updated GraphicsMagick PKGBUILD to the version 1.3.12.
> > Can anyone check it and update the package in extra repository?
> >
> Please don't. Last time I checked octave didn't build against the new
> graphicsmagick package. I have to check into that first before
> updating the package.

Ok. Then can you just add perl bindings to the existing package?

> > Also I have a question about perl bindings fot this package. Now they
> > are included in the package. Maybe it will be better to make PKGBUILD
> > that produces two packages: graphicsmagick and perl-graphics-magick? Or
> > this is completely unnecessary?
> >

> I doubt it's really needed, but it much depends on size of the perl
> bindings and the rest of the package and the dependency chain of the
> packages that depend on it. Do you have any numbers on size?

GraphicsMagick ~18 Mb
Perl bindings ~244 kB
Ok, I see, from this point of view it seems unnecessary to split
packages.

Thanks for explanation.

--
Leontiev Anton (bunder@t-25.ru)

Old 03-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Anton Leontiev <bunder@t-25.ru> wrote:
> В Сбт, 27/03/2010 в 18:39 +0100, Ronald van Haren пишет:
>> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Anton Leontiev <bunder@t-25.ru> wrote:
>> > Hello everyone!
>> >
>> > I've updated GraphicsMagick PKGBUILD to the version 1.3.12.
>> > Can anyone check it and update the package in extra repository?
>> >
>> Please don't. Last time I checked octave didn't build against the new
>> graphicsmagick package. I have to check into that first before
>> updating the package.
>
> Ok. Then can you just add perl bindings to the existing package?

I'll look into it coming week.

Ronald