Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 PM
keenerd

Default AUR deletion request

I'd like to request one of my packages (sumount) be deleted.

Reasons being that it does not work consistently, and I've learnd of a
lighter app (hd-idle) that does a much better job. Had I done more
thorough research, I could have avoided writing dangerous and
redundant code. I'd orphan it, but I also host the file and will be
deleting that. It really should not exist.

Thank you.

-Kyle

Old 03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Jaroslav Lichtblau

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:04:28PM +0100, keenerd wrote:
> I'd like to request one of my packages (sumount) be deleted.

> Reasons being that it does not work consistently, and I've learnd of a
> lighter app (hd-idle) that does a much better job. Had I done more
> thorough research, I could have avoided writing dangerous and
> redundant code. I'd orphan it, but I also host the file and will be
> deleting that. It really should not exist.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -Kyle

done, removed

--
Der Fanatismus ist verderblicher als der Atheismus.
-- Pierre Bayle (frz. Philosoph, 1647-1706)

Old 05-13-2011, 02:12 AM
"|^ `/ () () | ( (-) |"

Can a TU for the AUR please delete all packages owned by ryooichi (myself)
that begin with "archtrack"? Thank you!

Old 05-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM, |^ `/ () () | ( (-) |
<ryooichi+arch@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can a TU for the AUR please delete all packages owned by ryooichi (myself)
> that begin with "archtrack"? *Thank you!

Can you please post links to all the packages you want deleted?

Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On 13 May 2011 05:26, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM, |^ `/ () () | ( (-) |
> <ryooichi+arch@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can a TU for the AUR please delete all packages owned by ryooichi (myself)
>> that begin with "archtrack"? *Thank you!
>>

> Can you please post links to all the packages you want deleted?

I'm also interested in the reason for the deletion.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Andrea Scarpino

On Friday 13 May 2011 05:29:24 Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> I'm also interested in the reason for the deletion.
Also use the aur-general mailing list for AUR stuff.

--
Andrea

Old 05-14-2011, 03:54 PM
"|^ `/ () () | ( (-) |"

Thomas, if you simply surf to http://is.gd/Tn8wBO,and omit the last four
packages (because they do not begin with "archtrack"), you will have your
list with links.

Evangelos, the reason for the deletion is that I'm refactoring my approach
and these packages are no longer needed. They really just psuedo-packages
anyway.

Btw, why is it that package maintainers can't just delete their own
packages?

Old 05-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Corrado Primier

2011/5/14 |^ `/ () () | ( (-) | <ryooichi+arch@gmail.com>:
> Btw, why is it that package maintainers can't just delete their own
> packages?

Because then nothing could stop you from adopting all orphans and mass
deleting them.

Corrado

Old 05-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM, |^ `/ () () | ( (-) |
<ryooichi+arch@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas, if you simply surf to http://is.gd/Tn8wBO,and omit the last four
> packages (because they do not begin with "archtrack"), you will have your
> list with links.
>
> Evangelos, the reason for the deletion is that I'm refactoring my approach
> and these packages are no longer needed. *They really just psuedo-packages
> anyway.
>
> Btw, why is it that package maintainers can't just delete their own
> packages?

deleted

Old 05-14-2011, 05:21 PM
rafael ff1

2011/5/14 |^ `/ () () | ( (-) | <ryooichi+arch@gmail.com>:
> Thomas, if you simply surf to http://is.gd/Tn8wBO,and omit the last four
> packages (because they do not begin with "archtrack"), you will have your
> list with links.

I'm not a TU, but the way I see, it is interesting (and important) for
everyone that the person who requests the deletion or to orphan
packages provide the links for them. If you know the package, then you
have the link - you won't miss it.
However, if you relay on the TU to find it, something could go wrong
(ex: accidentaly deleting wrong package), not to mention you are
making their work more difficult - yours too, btw, because this
requested turned to be more than just "please delete this" and
"deleted".

-- Rafael