-   -   TU Application - Allan McRae (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/32838-tu-application-allan-mcrae.html)

Firmicus 01-09-2008 11:32 AM

TU Application - Allan McRae

Allan McRae a crit :

Hello,

I'm Allan McRae and go by the imaginative username "Allan" on the AUR,
forums and bug tracker. I maintain around 25 packages in the AUR
(although around half of these are perl-modules) and have had a
package moved to community (sunbird). If you elect me to be a TU, I
will initially move several of my packages (xmltv + dependencies,
desemume, colordiff) to community as well as a couple of other popular
packages I use often that are fairly popular (jabref, possibly
notecase). I am currently unable to build x86_64 packages as my 64bit
desktop has been dead for the last three months (from a power surge I
think) and I have given up on fixing it but will probably buy a new
one in the coming months.

I have been using Linux since Red Hat 8.0 was released (late 2002?). I
shuffled from Fedora to Ubuntu to Debian before building a Linux From
Scratch system. I discovered Arch when I was looking at finding a
package manager to use in LFS and installed it "temporarily" to build
my new LFS system. That was about a year and a half ago... I now
have Arch installed on two servers, a (broken) desktop and a laptop.
As an Arch user, I am fairly active on the forums and like to go bug
squashing occasionally. I have also contributed a couple of patches
to pacman. I have written a script for maintaining R libraries but I
think no-one but me actually uses it.

A bit about me personally. I am 27 years old, a New Zealander
currently living in Brisbane, Australia. I work as a statistical
geneticist for a large medical research institute. Apart from
computers, my major hobbies include martial arts and watching anime.

I have Roman lined up to sponsor me.

Cheers,
Allan

I think it would be great to have you on board Allan!

As I have never sponsored anybody, and since I know the stuff you
maintain on AUR, I am going to pass by Roman (sorry!) and hereby declare
my willingness to sponsor you :P

As I am sure this question will pop up soon, I do encourage you to
consider building your packages for x86_64 using Aaron's build machine.
We can give you details about that once you are a TU ;)

This opens the usual discussion period.

Cheers,
Franois

"Roman Kyrylych" 01-09-2008 11:37 AM

TU Application - Allan McRae

2008/1/9, Firmicus <Firmicus@gmx.net>:
> I think it would be great to have you on board Allan!
>
> As I have never sponsored anybody, and since I know the stuff you
> maintain on AUR, I am going to pass by Roman (sorry!) and hereby declare
> my willingness to sponsor you :P

Ha! You've late by 10 minutes. :-P
Now Allan is sponsored 2 times, which is not bad at all. :-)

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

"Ronald van Haren" 01-09-2008 11:51 AM

TU Application - Allan McRae

Yes I think he would become a great TU. I noticed Allan quite a few times on bbs :)

I've had a quick glance over his PKGBUILDs and, except for some cosmetic things they seem fine. I've send him a private mail about that.

One thing does worry me though after reviewing his PKGBUILDs....I think I'm hooked tonight in playing bubbros. It is so long ago since I last played that game on my c64 back then :p

Firmicus 01-09-2008 12:10 PM

TU Application - Allan McRae

Roman Kyrylych a crit :